Discussion topic: Just moved to sky broadband, our landline number was ported over, what telephone options have I?

This message was authored by GT+House This message was authored by: GT+House

Just moved to sky broadband, our landline number was ported over, what telephone options have I?

Good evening

We have just moved to Sky Broadband from BT and our landline number was ported over.

I am confused though as to what phone services we have and how to access them?

The voice light is enabled on the router, do I just need to plug a normal phone into this socket?

Is this VOIP, I dont think it and will be charged for the call?

The router is in a room we dont use, is it possible to plug a base station into the router and have phones in 2 other rooms?

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Just moved to sky broadband, our landline number was ported over, what telephone options have I?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GT+HouseYou plug your phone into the back of the router in the socket for the country you are in.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Just moved to sky broadband, our landline number was ported over, what telephone options have I?

@GT+House wrote:

Is this VOIP, I dont think it and will be charged for the call?

The router is in a room we dont use, is it possible to plug a base station into the router and have phones in 2 other rooms?

It's 'Sky VOIP'. Calls are charged in exactly the same way as standard calls, as detailed in Sky's Tariff Guide. By default, I believe you're put on the free (no monthly subscription cost) Pay as you Talk package, which means there are no inclusive calls - all calls are charged.

Yes, just the wireless base station plugs into the Hub. You can place the handsets wherever you wish. 

GT+House
Topic Author

Thanks for your help

GT+House
Topic Author

Thanks for this, can someone point me in the direction of a suitable base station and 2 handsets that would be compatible please?

Many Thanks

I have previously used Panasonic wireless phones, which have worked reliably. There are models available with as many handsets as you want.

GT+House
Topic Author

Thank you 

So essentially it doesnt need to be a special type phone ?

Just anything with a base station and the required number of handsets?

Thanks again

@GT+House wrote:

So essentially it doesnt need to be a special type phone ?

No. Any standard landline phone will be fine.

GT+House
Topic Author

That's great

Thanks again for your help

Much Appreciated

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion