Discussion topic: Issues phoning Canada

This message was authored by Frankiboy+76 This message was authored by: Frankiboy+76

Issues phoning Canada

Hi my parents recently changed provider to Sky for calls and broadband however since the switch they are unable to make calls to Canada, they spoke with a representative today who made sure that International calls were on their package which they are but he said its been a known problem from a while apparently - can you confirm this please, they can receive calls from Canada but need to be able to call as well. Cheers 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Issues phoning Canada

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Frankiboy+76 

We are customers here so can't confirm what you've been told. I can't remember seeing any other posts on calling Canada issues.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Frankiboy+76  This is mainly a customer to customer community forum, If you have spoken to Sky and they have told you that there is issues with this. You might have to get your parents to call Sky back for a solution.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by pochon123 This message was authored by: pochon123

I was able to call to Canada and now cannot.   This has been ongoing for a couple of weeks.    The sky team told me it was at the canadian end and that they were trying to get them to fix it!     I was checking posts to see if anyone else was having the same issue.  

This message was authored by Tracker12 This message was authored by: Tracker12

I'm also having the same problem.

Can anyone suggest a fix?

This message was authored by RWLPenguin This message was authored by: RWLPenguin

Re: Issues phoning Canada (Sky Talk International Extra)

We have Sky Talk International Extra and are paying £15.50 for that package. When we call a Canadian number most days of the week, especially in the evening we get a busy signal. However calling the same Canadian number using my mobile on the O2 Network the call gets through. I wonder if Sky does not have enough capacity to reach Canada. It certainly is now not worth the money as my wife has a an O2 Bolton at £3 per month for international calling.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@RWLPenguin I doubt it's anything to do with capacity. More likely a routing issue. Have you reported it to Sky?

This message was authored by RWLPenguin This message was authored by: RWLPenguin

@Mark39 Just off the phone the with Sky. Yes they are aware of an issue when calling Canada since April. The issue is "actively" being worked on. We have experienced the busy signal when calling Canada using a Sky landline way before April. I whinge'd and was able to obtain a £10 Tesco voucher, though remains to be seen if I will get it. If not fixed by the end of May I will whinge again as I do not like paying £15.50 per month for a service that sometimes works.

This message was authored by Canuk101 This message was authored by: Canuk101

I have called Sky twice about this. The problem is clearly with Sky. My daughter is with BT and can get through. I can't. I get a busy signal. This needs to be resolved by sky ASAP!

This message was authored by Canuk101 This message was authored by: Canuk101

• Keep calling Sky 
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Canuk101 wrote:

This needs to be resolved by sky ASAP!

I imagine they're aware of that...

This message was authored by MarcusAyton This message was authored by: MarcusAyton

I am having an issue similar but with Switzerland.

Out going calls are getting a contant engaged tone, yet using a mobile get's through straight away.

I hope this gets fixed very soon as it is extremely annoying.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@MarcusAyton 

You may want to call Sky and report your issue as they may not be aware of issues with calling Switzerland. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Dolly+Ranade This message was authored by: Dolly+Ranade

We have the same with Switzerland. I keep phoning Sky and they keep saying 'they're escalating it to the network team and they'll call me within 72 hours'. 

This message was authored by MarcusAyton This message was authored by: MarcusAyton

Yes I have been in touch as well with support and I have just received the same response (after an engineer came out to check the line to finding no fault).

So hopefully someone will get the problem sorted out asap.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion