Discussion topic: Calls disconnected with American voice

This message was authored by GemSav10 This message was authored by: GemSav10

Calls disconnected with American voice

Hello,

We are having a lot of trouble with our phone line that we use for business purposes.

Previously all fine, no issues but over the last few weeks anyone trying to call the line gets disconnected with an American voice stating 'your call cannot be answered right now' and then ends.

This is costing us business as no one can get through.

Helpline said it may be the Panasonic phone we used but we have changed this and it is still happening.

We are paying for call diversion, 1571, anytime extra, super fast broadband, and broadband boost.

This line has been used for about 16yrs and as a business line for nearly 5yrs. Only over the last few weeks to months has this been happening.

I'd be grateful of any help to solve this.

Thank you 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Calls disconnected with American voice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I wonder if it's an issue with call diversion. You mentioned the helpline advice. Was that Sky customer services? Did they say anything beyond that? 

I think you'll need to report it (again?) to Sky. I'd be cautious about mentioning the line is used for business purposes as that's explicitly disallowed in the terms and conditions you agreed to (and it won't anyway get you faster help).

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@GemSav10If you are using your broadband for business you might want to look at Sky connect which is the business broadband.

https://businessconnect.sky.com/ 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
GemSav10
Topic Author
This message was authored by GemSav10 This message was authored by: GemSav10

Thank you for your reply.

It was prior to them setting up sky business and it's been agreed that our line is used this way. Never had an issue when discussing the way it is set up.

Yes, it was a sky customer service handler I spoke to before and I have called again today. We have an engineer coming out on Tuesday to take a look.

It's nothing they have ever heard of before so I'm hoping it can be resolved quickly.

Even though they agree to our terms of how the phone line is used, I am willing to change to the business line if it actually helps.

Thanks

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@GemSav10 wrote:

Even though they agree to our terms of how the phone line is used, I am willing to change to the business line if it actually helps.

I imagine it will give you a faster response time than the 2 to 5 days Openreach offer to domestic customers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion