Discussion topic: Faulty landline

This message was authored by SheilaSkye This message was authored by: SheilaSkye

Faulty landline

My phone won't ring in or out I've tried a new phone incase my handset was faulty but it's still the same. Can my line be tested?

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Faulty landline

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SheilaSkye 

Try this line test yourself. If a fault is found outside you should be able to book an engineer repair. Disregard it saying it's for a broadband test. 

https://www.sky.com/help/home/broadband/my-broadband-speed/no-connection-slow-wifi/articles/broadban...

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
SheilaSkye
Topic Author
This message was authored by SheilaSkye This message was authored by: SheilaSkye

Yes broadband is fine

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

What was the result of the test, did it not find a fault on your phone line ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
SheilaSkye
Topic Author

An engineer came out a couple of weeks ago and changed the terminals where the phone plugs in. Everything was working but now has stopped 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@SheilaSkye wrote:

An engineer came out a couple of weeks ago and changed the terminals where the phone plugs in. Everything was working but now has stopped 

Click on the link and run this test:

https://www.sky.com/help/home/broadband/my-broadband-speed/no-connection-slow-wifi/articles/broadban...

SheilaSkye
Topic Author

Test ran it says Wi-Fi is ok

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@SheilaSkye 
To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you sometime tomorrow regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to SheilaSkye.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

After speaking with SheilaSkye we accessed the account and ran a line test which detected an external fault on the line.

We have arranged for Openreach to resolve this shortly.

It was a pleasure speaking with you SheilaSkye and thanks again.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by M+a This message was authored by: M+a

No sound no dialing tone cannot receive or make calls 

@M+a wrote:

No sound no dialing tone cannot receive or make calls 

Have you run the connection test referred to earlier in the thread? Are you new to Sky?

SheilaSkye
Topic Author

At long last, not having a Land line for three weeks, an Engineer came to not only look at the indoor phone but checked the outside cabinet, where, yet again just like February this year, there was a faulty cable.  Apparently they are very thin and so very vulnerable.  I think that these Companies should get their act together and provide some protection for the cables used and then the User would not have to keep pestering the company to get the faults fixed.

@SheilaSkye wrote:

At long last, not having a Land line for three weeks, an Engineer came to not only look at the indoor phone but checked the outside cabinet, where, yet again just like February this year, there was a faulty cable.  Apparently they are very thin and so very vulnerable.  I think that these Companies should get their act together and provide some protection for the cables used and then the User would not have to keep pestering the company to get the faults fixed.

Only one organisation has responsibility for the phone network outside your home - that's Openreach. Nothing to do with Sky or any other service provider.

This message was authored by M+a This message was authored by: M+a

No dialing tone unable to receive or make calls

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion