Discussion topic: Check phone line

This message was authored by PatriciaSarah This message was authored by: PatriciaSarah

Check phone line

My landline seems to be down. The phone shows the message 'check phone line'. There is no beep sound, cannot make or receive calls.  
I have checked all the online advises. Could I please get into contact/chat with a SKY representative?

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Check phone line

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PatriciaSarah 

To see if they can confirm an external fault and notify Openreach I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Escalation Team may get in touch with you later.

Look out for an email and also a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. Once that speech bubble appears you only have 48 hours to join the private chat with a Sky expert or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to each message from Sky within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread regularly.

You need to make sure that your email/private message notifications are switched to ‘on’ to avoid missing the alerts.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014
If you are using Safari also make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the chat bubble. If you have trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to PatriciaSarah.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We have booked an engineer for this issue to be resolved. Hence, we are closing this chat now. If there is anything else we can help with, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion