Discussion topic: Block nuisance calls

This message was authored by itsmeifti This message was authored by: itsmeifti

Block nuisance calls

We get the same call centre, same spam/scam plug for "online education services" from perhaps South East Asia.

I notice call logs are only for outgoing calls.

Despite saying every time please remove us from your database, we still get the calls at least once a week.

How do we go about blocking this? 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Block nuisance calls

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you have the Sky Takk Shield enabled then you can try blocking them via this or if you phone has the capability to block calls then you could try this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
itsmeifti
Topic Author

Cheers I'll have a look at the Shield feature - when the sky website decides it wants to work. lol noy lol! This is the message curently on offer:

"Unfortunately we aren't able to load this information at the moment.

Please try again later"

Technical error

It’s not you, it’s us. Try refreshing the page. Or use the link below to start again.

Lovely! 

The most intermitent performing network I've been with!

itsmeifti
Topic Author

Hi all, thanks for your help.

Access to talk shiel via app and website still seems to be down? Error messages as before.  

Seems a long time for it to bedown.

Any ideas ( or is this standard leel of service from Sky?!)

itsmeifti
Topic Author

Talkshield - down? No access via app or website?

Followingmy enquiry about blocking nuisance calls  - I've not been able to access this feature?

Both website and app throw up errors - "come back again later etc." This has been at least since 10 Dec when I first enquired?

Any ideas? Ot is it standard intermittment service from Sky that we've just becme accustomed to lol? "Expect less" only via Sky :))))))

itsmeifti
Topic Author

Re: Talkshield - down? No access via app or website?

Still the same - any Sky reps/mods can answer? 

Screenshot 2023-12-14 7.58.40 AM.png

At other times it's "server error"? 

Whats going on here? 

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @itsmeifti 

Your post has been escalated to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the chat bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @itsmeifti . If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

itsmeifti
Topic Author

Cheers,

Thank you, I've decided to terminate ( although the online form for cancellation wasn't working neither, with all fields filled in correctly. No opinion to express on that....)

I've had issues with Sky mobile since I've been with Sky, no your customers don't want to have to jump through numerous hoops, wait days for an official response, chat with bots.... and as with previous issues, I gave up everytime.  

Maybe you can help me with something else - I want to cancel my Sky Mobile, and do not want or need to take the number with me.  I'm with a different mobile provider with a new number.

Cheers !

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion