Discussion topic: Becoming ex-directory/unlisted

This message was authored by AplusR This message was authored by: AplusR

Becoming ex-directory/unlisted

We're recently rejoined Sky with a landline number that has been ex-directory since it was allocated to us. The moment the landline went active we received a nuisance call and, since then, have a few unknown callers in our missed calls list that we never used to have any entries in at all barring the odd robo-dialler.

I can only assume that Sky have published our number somewhere, and I'm hoping that someone can tell me what steps I need to take to get the phone out of that directory. I thought that there might be a calls dashboard that allows me to make these changes for myself, but I'm just getting a message telling me that the dashboard service isn't working and asked to refresh the page. When I do that I just go to a page full of ads for packages I'm not considering! I was hoping we could activate phone shield, but that's part of the problem - it;s the far side of the glitch that is blocking us.

If there is a dashboard service, is there something I can do to get it working or, failing that, can some kind Sky staffer help us to get out of the phone book, assuming we're in one?

Please note that this isn't a query about witholding our number on calls, we can do that. We just don't want to be in the phone book at all.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Becoming ex-directory/unlisted

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Give Sky a call (dial 150) and ask to  be made ex-directory. It can't be done online.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Give Sky a call (dial 150) and ask to  be made ex-directory. It can't be done online.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@AplusR 

But note that this doesn't mean you can't be reached by auto-dialers calling every number registered anonymously as being in use by a Sky subscriber.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
AplusR
Topic Author
This message was authored by AplusR This message was authored by: AplusR

Thanks very much for the guidance!

With the Sky Talk functionality not being functional, I was wondering what useful management stuff was hidden behind that failure (maybe we should call it a "failwall"). Knowing this would not be available anyway, is actually very useful. I'll get onto it. Thanks!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion