Discussion topic: Anonymous caller reject

This message was authored by RH19 This message was authored by: RH19

Anonymous caller reject

Has anyone else had issues with the " anonymous caller reject feature".  I have had this for many years and worked great.  So if a person with a with held numbers called my landline , they would get a simple message saying something along the lines of " this number doesn't accept with held numbers, please dial again , with a non - with held number ".  However since around May,  I have had people telling me there is a problem on your line as anyone with a with held number was either being told " this line is faulty or this number doesn't exist " or they would get a ringing whcih then just went dead.   After around 40 calls to sky, 3 engineers later , I was recently told by 2 different customer services that sky are aware their is an issue.  They then changed this and the latest sky told me is they have changed this feature ( without telling the paying customers) and it now if a person calls you from a with held number,  they hear a ring whcih then just goes dead.  So they will assume either you are not in and haven't answered or that your line is not working.  I have missed many calls from doctors for my elderly mother due to this.  How  appalling for sky to drastically change a paying service without telling the customer. This is assuming they are telling the truth,  as I have a friend who also has this feature and they said the messge about " this number not accepting with held numbers" still works.   So could anyone out there please let me know if they pat for this feature and if it still works as it has in the decades I have had it .@GD1 @Addie15 @Mark39

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Anonymous caller reject

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I wasn't even aware of the feature before your post. The current list price appears to be £4 per month.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-talk-call-features

To be honest, I'd just use the free Sky Talk Shield. The call screening feature would require unidentified numbers to say who they are  and would then ask you whether or not you want to accept the call. There's no interception for callers on your white ('star') list.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Anonymous caller reject

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

As above, never knew Sky offered such a service.
Just save yourself £4 and use the Sky Talk Shield.
It works great and I get no anonymous or spam calls, apart from those I have added.
It is easy to use/control too, like a quick switch to turn it off/on temporarily if awaiting an urgent call from a number you may not have added.
On a few rare occasions have had a few genuine callers use the call screening feature properly, that works well.

You can easily control it all from your landline phone handset or via the Mysky app on mobiles/tablets/web browser

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion