Discussion topic: An outage that caused problems for a Month

This message was authored by Swizz This message was authored by: Swizz

An outage that caused problems for a Month

On  New Year's Eve last my home telephone which a Sky talk line went dead and stayed

dead until the beginning of February!  I tried and tried to get in touch with Sky eventually

after a long journey  Sky posted there was outage in my area and I would be hearing from

then soon needless to say I didn't but to cut a long long story short it seems that I was

told by an engineer that the fault was in the telephone exchange in my area and was

Affecting  thousands of customers in my area and after digging up a main road locally after

several days the engineers were out and up poles the service was resumed!!!

I had no phone calls for month before they got around to me when my phone began

working at the beginning of February 2003.  No apologies were received and my bill for

January was fully charged the usual fee so too was my bill for February. I still have 

spoken. Sky Representative or had an explanation from them most of all a refund. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: An outage that caused problems for a Month

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Swizz 

See this link re auto compensation for when there is a total loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk. https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full working days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it, It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Swizz
Topic Author
This message was authored by Swizz This message was authored by: Swizz

Thank you Daniel for your reply I don’t know why they have virtual assistance .. what a joke

I have been requested to enter more information on my thank you to Daniel 2010

I t is obvious with an ounce of sense that your talking to yourself

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Thank you Daniel for your reply I don’t know why they have virtual assistance .. what a joke

@Swizz 

Your post is a bit confusing. Where have you been requested to enter more information? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Thank you Daniel for your reply I don’t know why they have virtual assistance .. what a joke

@Daniel0210 

I suspect that's the forum filter which blocks very short posts: it catches responses such as just a 'thankyou' and generates the red 'please enter more information' text.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion