Discussion topic: viewing card error message and done all the checks but still nothing

This message was authored by cookymonster2010 This message was authored by: cookymonster2010

viewing card error message and done all the checks but still nothing

Out of the blue our sky froze up and so we did all the usual turning off and removing card etc, followed the instructions and now we get an error message saying "there is a problem with our sky viewing card", gone onto sky website andf followed all the online instructions for that to no avail as we are still getting the same message!!!!!!

Tried calling and they want me to wait 20 minutes before someone gets to you or use the forum for help. My card has burn marks on it and I am dubiuos as to sky claiming it is still safe to use. Can anyone help me to go about trying to get a new viewing card please 

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: viewing card error message and done all the checks but still nothing

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The marks on your card are not caused by buring (see my Sky Plus F.A.Q for explanation)

The only way to get a new card is to phobe Sky there are no shortcuts

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@cookymonster2010 wrote:

Out of the blue our sky froze up and so we did all the usual turning off and removing card etc, followed the instructions and now we get an error message saying "there is a problem with our sky viewing card", gone onto sky website andf followed all the online instructions for that to no avail as we are still getting the same message!!!!!!

Tried calling and they want me to wait 20 minutes before someone gets to you or use the forum for help. My card has burn marks on it and I am dubiuos as to sky claiming it is still safe to use. Can anyone help me to go about trying to get a new viewing card please 

@cookymonster2010 Have you recently had an aborted upgrade to Sky Q? 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
cookymonster2010
Topic Author
This message was authored by cookymonster2010 This message was authored by: cookymonster2010

we don't have sky q but I suspect an update was interuputed 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion