Discussion topic: Can't access Catch up on Sky+

This message was authored by Christine191 This message was authored by: Christine191

Can't access Catch up on Sky+

After a power cut, Sky eventually came back on with list of programmes and th planner,  but not Catch up. Message says box needs to be connected to broadband. How do I do that?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Can't access Catch up on Sky+

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If it was working before the power cut then your box must already been connected to the internet. You do sometimes find after an issue like this it can take a little while to start working so perhaps try again in a few hours.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Christine191
Topic Author
This message was authored by Christine191 This message was authored by: Christine191

@caesarome. Thank you for replying. However the power cut was last night.  I have a very old Sky+ box and tried going into Services - Settings - Network - Connect with password, except that there isn't  Select with password. If there was I could enter the Wifi network and password. Where else can I enter them? The box and router are in different rooms.

@Christine191 wrote:

After a power cut, Sky eventually came back on with list of programmes and th planner,  but not Catch up. Message says box needs to be connected to broadband. How do I do that?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Christine191 try turning both your broadband router and your Sky box off at the plug. Wait 30 seconds before restarting your router and another 4 minutes before restarting your Sky box. Then see if it connects.

Christine191
Topic Author

@Mark39. Thank you for the suggestion, but unfortunately it made no difference. I'll probably have to get on to Sky.

Christine191
Topic Author

For the benefit of others with the same problem, it was fixed by turning off the Sky box by pulling out the plug for a few minutes. No need for passwords etc after all!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion