Discussion topic: query on free setup for SkyQ box offer

This message was authored by lynd This message was authored by: lynd

query on free setup for SkyQ box offer

I received an email offering free setup when upgrading from Sky+ to Sky Q box. I'd like to know if my monthly payment will increase when my contract ends, as a result of using a skyQbox.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: query on free setup for SkyQ box offer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You're probably best to clarify with Sky. If you take your existing contract with you, your bill shouldn't go up until your minimum term expires. If you have to take out a new contract as a consequence of switching you should be ok for 18 months (assuming that's the contract length), but the price may not be the same as you're paying now.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@lynd wrote:

I received an email offering free setup when upgrading from Sky+ to Sky Q box. I'd like to know if my monthly payment will increase when my contract ends, as a result of using a skyQbox.

Regardless of the platform you're using - Sky Q or Sky+ - your bill is likely to increase when your contractual minimum terms ends, as you'll then be paying list price, with no discount (unless you re-negotiate a new deal with Sky)

lynd
Topic Author
This message was authored by lynd This message was authored by: lynd

Thanks. Could my monthly bill go up soon after switching, as a result of the switching?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

You're probably best to clarify with Sky. If you take your existing contract with you, your bill shouldn't go up until your minimum term expires. If you have to take out a new contract as a consequence of switching you should be ok for 18 months (assuming that's the contract length), but the price may not be the same as you're paying now.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@lynd wrote:

hi @lynd 

It depends on whether you do a straight switch and what your package actually is - typically the subscription remains the same unless you take out other options.

If you are on a very old base package you could actually pay les if you move over to SKY Signature

BTW You may, also, wish to read some notes I have made for people considering switching from SKY +/HD to SKY Q

SKY +/HD to SKY Q 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion