Discussion topic: how do I stop message re losing sky programmes unless I phone keep appearing on my sky channels.

This message was authored by juliebsb This message was authored by: juliebsb

how do I stop message re losing sky programmes unless I phone keep appearing on my sky channels.

I keep hetting the message 'you will lose Sky channels so phone this number' I presume this is to do ith sd channels going and I have an old Amstrad box but I refuse to change. I want to stop the message keep coming on the screen as it's very annoying, how can I do that?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: how do I stop message re losing sky programmes unless I phone keep appearing on my sky channels.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Generalzod69 wrote:

I'm getting that message now on a Sky Plus HD box

You're probably tuned to one of the affected SD channels. Look for the HD variant. The message isn't displayed there,

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: how do I stop message re losing sky programmes unless I phone keep appearing on my sky channels.

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

You can't stop the message from appearing, but if you have a non-HD box and refuse the free upgrade to a newer box you will start losing channels, so you will need to arrange some other way to watch TV. 

juliebsb
Topic Author

Thank you for that. I don't want th upgrade as I use a DVR recorder and know I won't be able to use that with Sky Q. Until I find out which Sky channels I will lose, I will keep my old box. Someone has suggested to getting a 2nd hand Sky + hd box which maybe an option. I'd justlike to stop having to press back up to get rid of the message!

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@juliebsb group don't necessarily have to upgrade to Sky Q, if that's a concern, you can buy a used Sky+HD box cheaply from ebay etc which will continue to receive these channels.

Edited: I see our posts have crossed and you're on the case!

juliebsb
Topic Author

Thank you yes, someone has mentioned that!

This message was authored by Generalzod69 This message was authored by: Generalzod69

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

@Generalzod69 wrote:

You're probably tuned to one of the affected SD channels. Look for the HD variant. The message isn't displayed there,

This message was authored by Generalzod69 This message was authored by: Generalzod69

Thank you

juliebsb
Topic Author

Well, after following advice from some and buying a 2nd hand Sky+ box to enable me to continue to use my existing DVR machine, I have now received a letter from Sky saying that I will lose all Sky channels unless I upgrade to Sky Q from Sky+. Diabolical, I'm tempted to tell them where to shove their SkyQ but hubby loves his sports channels. Can anything be done or is this really the end of Sky+ ?

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@juliebsb wrote:

Well, after following advice from some and buying a 2nd hand Sky+ box to enable me to continue to use my existing DVR machine, I have now received a letter from Sky saying that I will lose all Sky channels unless I upgrade to Sky Q from Sky+. Diabolical, I'm tempted to tell them where to shove their SkyQ but hubby loves his sports channels. Can anything be done or is this really the end of Sky+ ?

It's the end of Sky+ SD only boxes and earlier, Sky+HD will still work for time being

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@juliebsb wrote:

The advice was to buy a Sky+HD box. If that's what you bought, you'll be fine, as @Annie+UK posted.

juliebsb
Topic Author

I hope you're right! As Sky just put Sky+ box on the letter and didn't specify SD or HD I took it they meant ALL Sky+ boxes. I know I'm a dinosaur still using a DVR box to record my programmes but I don't want to change and it seems. Sky may be forcing me to!!

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@juliebsb wrote:

I hope you're right! As Sky just put Sky+ box on the letter and didn't specify SD or HD I took it they meant ALL Sky+ boxes. I know I'm a dinosaur still using a DVR box to record my programmes but I don't want to change and it seems. Sky may be forcing me to!!

The predecessor of the Sky+HD box was the Sky+ box. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@juliebsb wrote:

I hope you're right! 

The link on the letter should clear it up for you @juliebsb :

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-channel-upgrade

This means if you have an SD box, you'll need to upgrade to continue watching Sky channels.

You now have a HD+ box so you are fine.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion