Discussion topic: can't reactivate my viewing card in Sky + after software update. Says go to Manage and TV setting.

This message was authored by Blessington2 This message was authored by: Blessington2

can't reactivate my viewing card in Sky + after software update. Says go to Manage and TV setting.

Mum got a software update last night now can't use her 23 year old viewing card.

It says intitialed it so off I went to quick/fix.com

Which gave me a message that finally ended up with

Go to Manage...... then TV...... and then TV settings......activate card.

I can't find TV settings in manage to take me to activate card.

Thanks in atnticpation for any help offered.

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: can't reactivate my viewing card in Sky + after software update. Says go to Manage and TV settin

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Blessington2 

It looks like your post here got caught in the spam filter so did you get this sorted or do you still need help ?

If you do try this:

Make sure your Sky viewing card is correctly inserted into the box.
Press Services on your Sky remote
Press 0, 0, 1, Select (setup should now be highlighted)
Scroll across to New Install
Press Select twice

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: can't reactivate my viewing card in Sky + after software update. Says go to Manage and TV settin

@Blessington2 

It looks like your post here got caught in the spam filter so did you get this sorted or do you still need help ?

If you do try this:

Make sure your Sky viewing card is correctly inserted into the box.
Press Services on your Sky remote
Press 0, 0, 1, Select (setup should now be highlighted)
Scroll across to New Install
Press Select twice

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Please Note: Sky+ is now a legacy service that Sky are replacing with their newer services: Sky Q, Sky Glass and Sky Stream

There are no software updates for Sky+ any more so she did not get an update

Try performing a New Install

See question Q21 in my Sky Plus F⋅A⋅Q

Additional help with your viewing card can be found here
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Blessington2 wrote:

Mum got a software update last night now can't use her 23 year old viewing card.

It says intitialed it so off I went to quick/fix.com

Which gave me a message that finally ended up with

Go to Manage...... then TV...... and then TV settings......activate card.

I can't find TV settings in manage to take me to activate card.

Thanks in atnticpation for any help offered.

There hasn't been any software updates for Sky+ boxes for well over a year.

If your mum's box is stuck at  'initialising' it means it's not receiving a signal from her dish. 

Blessington2
Topic Author
This message was authored by Blessington2 This message was authored by: Blessington2

Hi Mark Thanks for the reply She gets this message maybe every 6 months defintely every year. She has Sky+. And then you follow the message on Sky.com quickfix. And end up the little Sky picture a introduction playing disney or something.  

But when you go to any of the channels the message is initialize your card with the box by going to Sky quickfix etc. Normally it was just a case of going to quickfix and put in all your numbers and everything is sorted in 5 minutes.

But not anymore that opportunity seems to have been removed off the app. Her signal bars are very good both are on 8/10 even 8.5/10. One is 9 one is 8.

Blessington2
Topic Author

Hi Body, Thanks for your help, yeah tried that did it for days hoping it work this time. But it doesn't.

Its weird that all the fall backs aren't working. She was a customer for 23 years with the full package. She is now inactivate herself.

I told her cancel Sky its gone too high tech now for her age group. I told her find a service you can speak with real people, 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Blessington2 is the message on screen 'initialising new Viewing Card'? If so, Sky have some help here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-box-initialising-new-viewing-card

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion