Discussion topic: You do not have the Sky+ entitlement

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: You do not have the Sky+ entitlement

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to chat.

This message was authored by rob.i.w This message was authored by: rob.i.w

I have not received an invite 

This message was authored by David131 This message was authored by: David131

I've lost access to many channels s and have this message. I'm still being billed for it and have repaired my card. Help. Thanks. 

This message was authored by Tel1 This message was authored by: Tel1

I am getting this issue. However I am still using a Sky HD box, but have a Sky Q box coming very soon. 
Is that the issue, having a Sky HD box ?

This message was authored by David131 This message was authored by: David131

Yes I have a sky+ box. Sky q will not work in our house as the construction interferes with WiFi. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tel1 wrote:

I am getting this issue. However I am still using a Sky HD box, but have a Sky Q box coming very soon. 
Is that the issue, having a Sky HD box ?

@Tel1 

It could be that because you will be sent a new viewing card to use with your Sky Q box that the one you have at present has been disabled so have you got the new card yet because if you have you should be able to use it with your Sky Q box.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Tel1 This message was authored by: Tel1

I hope you are right. They never mentioned a new viewing card. Hoping the installation of the Sky Q box resolves the matter. 😊

This message was authored by jack-ky This message was authored by: jack-ky

I am having this problem too, a few months ago was upgrading to skyQ but when they turned up to install they said it couldnt be done, thinking about it (only realised since reading this thread)  ive had no other channels available apart from the 5 main channels, it says my viewing card is not recognised, trying to call is ridiculous, what can I do?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@jack-ky wrote:

I am having this problem too, a few months ago was upgrading to skyQ but when they turned up to install they said it couldnt be done, thinking about it (only realised since reading this thread)  ive had no other channels available apart from the 5 main channels, it says my viewing card is not recognised, trying to call is ridiculous, what can I do?

If a new Viewing Card was sent to you in advance of the Sky Q installation you can use that. Otherwise you'll need a replacement Card. I'm not sure whether they can help with this specifically, but if you wish we can ask Sky's messaging to contact you here so that you can report the problem? 

This message was authored by jack-ky This message was authored by: jack-ky

@Mark39 I never received a new card, i've still got the old one which is really old (and even looks a bit rusty), if they could contact me rather than the phone that would be great thank you

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Ok, I've alerted Sky and a Community adviser may be able to help you via private, online messaging later today. Look out for a blue/red chat 'bubble' towards the bottom of the page and a personal message  inviting you to chat online. Replies from Sky may not be instant, so check back from time to time for updates.

For the detail of how it works see this guide: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! thank you for escalating this. We have sent a invite to Tel1.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@David131 wrote:

Sky q will not work in our house as the construction interferes with WiFi. 

I'd observe that Q can be made to work in such circumstances by using connection over ethernet cable or Powerline adaptors.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion