Discussion topic: Why can't I access Catch Up on my tv

This message was authored by chis1 This message was authored by: chis1

Why can't I access Catch Up on my tv

I'm a complete newbie on here. I recently let my sky package lapse and renewed it a few days beyond its date. I only realised when I couldn't access catch up tv. I've since taken another subscription for Sky Signature but I still can't access Catch Up. It tells me to connect my Sk +HD box to broadband. I've followed all the online instructions but I can't get it at all. I've spent 24 hrs plugging and unplugging...pressing WPS buttons and I'm still none the wiser. Some posts are talking about my sky viewing card but I don't have one...am I a complete idiot for not understanding this...

All Replies

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Re: Why can't I access Catch Up on my tv

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@chis1 Firstly, do you have Sky Q (where you've posted) or Sky+HD (which you mention)?

Secondly, your Sky package doesn't 'lapse' unless you actively call Sky to cancel it, only the discount price does. 

Thirdly, your viewing card should still be in the viewing card slot in the box. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
chis1
Topic Author
This message was authored by chis1 This message was authored by: chis1

Hi, 18 months ago I changed my package and they sent me a Sky Q hub SR203 but I also have a Sky hub SR102. My son set the whole thing up and I have no idea whether it's right or not. The good news is (thanks to you) I found my viewing card.! 

This message was authored by tams+bird This message was authored by: tams+bird

I can't access my catch up or cinema.  They Sent me a link to click to fix it. Nothing.  I am Sky +.  Turned it off and on but still nothing. I don't have sky+ entitl ement it says .   I did yesterday.....

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@tams+bird 

Try performing a New Install

See question Q21 in my Sky Plus F⋅A⋅Q

Additional help with your viewing card can be found here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion