Discussion topic: Sky+ box not working after sky q

This message was authored by KDavies9827 This message was authored by: KDavies9827

Sky+ box not working after sky q

Plugged old box back in sky+ after sending sky q box back but I’m just getting mini tv no satellite signal and box is still initialising but it’s been like this for a while now. Could it be the new wifi box causing this? Should I plug the old wifi box back in?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

Re: Sky+ box not working after sky q

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky update the disges LNB when Sky Q is installed this is incompatible with Sky+

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

Sky update the disges LNB when Sky Q is installed this is incompatible with Sky+

KDavies9827
Topic Author
This message was authored by KDavies9827 This message was authored by: KDavies9827

Oh no so I won't be able to use my previous box? I was only hoping to use it for the free channels 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

You can if you get a local satellite installer to change the LNB for one compatible with Sky+, or probably better a hybrid LNB which serves both Sky+ and Sky Q.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion