Discussion topic: Sky + HD remote not working- not batteries or the remote (as bought new one)

This message was authored by CBW15 This message was authored by: CBW15

Sky + HD remote not working- not batteries or the remote (as bought new one)

Sky remote just stopped working - no red light and does not have any effect on the Sky box. It's not the batteries or the remote as we have replaced both. Rebooted the Sky Box, tried all the hacks like holding various buttons down and nothing. It is like the box has stopped recognising the remote (any remote). Can turn box on with the buttons on the box but actions are limited. 

Any suggestions? When I tried to get help via Sky, the messages back were eithe upgrade to Sky Q (!) or get an engineer, but then it wouldn't let me book an engineer as I don't have sky Q!

Anyone know how you book an engineer for Sky +?

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Sky + HD remote not working- not batteries or the remote (as bought new one)

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you power cycled your Sky box at the main plug?

CBW15
Topic Author

Re: Sky + HD remote not working- not batteries or the remote (as bought new one)

Yes, tried this twice. 

Does the red LED on the remote light up when you press a button?

CBW15
Topic Author

No. No lights on either remote and nothing changing on box when remite pressed. 

If the LED on the remote does not light up then this would mean a signal is not being set to the Sky box, strange that multiple remote are not functioning, I'd check the batteries are inserted correctly

CBW15
Topic Author

Thanks, but batteries is a basic and rhat is not the problem! 

If you are discribing the issue correctly, you have multiple fault remote controls (which I find odd but not totally impossible)

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

I agree with @Annie+UK . If the LED in the end of both remotes isn't lighting up when you press one of the buttons, then coincidence as it may be, both remotes are faulty.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion