Discussion topic: Since connecting a new EE router, unable to access Catchup

This message was authored by JW56HUM This message was authored by: JW56HUM

Since connecting a new EE router, unable to access Catchup

Our new EE router provides quicker TV connection,  (as well as better wifi which was our original problem).....BUT, although we can access all the channels live, and record/watch programmes to/from Planner we cannot access Catchup.....the screen tells us "To catch up on the shows you've missed, simply connect your Sky+HD box to broadband and go to sky.com/connect to find out how, or sky.com/fixondemand for help".....I've looked at both suggestions, and sigh in despair as I can't find help there......clearly our box is already connected to broadband.....why is it just "Catchup" that isn't working....

Best Answers
JW56HUM
Topic Author
This message was authored by JW56HUM This message was authored by: JW56HUM Answer

Re: Since connecting a new EE router, unable to access Catchup

Here's to thank Mark39 for his interest, support and help at the end of last week.  We tried the method you suggested, but it didn't work.  It did however give us confidence to delve into the Settings on the box via the TV screen, and the Box then talked to the new router and all works as normal again now.   

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It's only Catchup and On Demand that use your wifi connection. Everything else is delivered via your satellite dish.

Have you changed the network settings on your Sky box, to accommodate your new router's wifi password and SSID (router address)? 

JW56HUM
Topic Author
This message was authored by JW56HUM This message was authored by: JW56HUM

Hello and thank you Mark39!...and thanks for reminding me that there's a dish on the roof!    What you say all makes sense to me, and it sounds a good approach that you suggest, but to save me time and grief later this afternoon, perhaps you could give me a clue as to how I change the settings on my Sky Box??   Please.   Thank you!  Jayne, alias JW56HUM.....

Hi Jayne,

The simplest way to do it, is to press the WPS button on the front panel of your Sky box (or your Mini connector if you're using one) and the WPS button on your router within 30 seconds. They should then connect automatically.

JW56HUM
Topic Author
This message was authored by JW56HUM This message was authored by: JW56HUM Answer

Here's to thank Mark39 for his interest, support and help at the end of last week.  We tried the method you suggested, but it didn't work.  It did however give us confidence to delve into the Settings on the box via the TV screen, and the Box then talked to the new router and all works as normal again now.   

@JW56HUM wrote:

Thanks, Jayne. Sorry the WPS solution didn't work, but kudos to you for finding your way around the settings to resolve it that way.  😊

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion