Discussion topic: Seems all sky+ customers moving away because of sky + app removal. Does this constitute of breech of

This message was authored by BAGGETTE68 This message was authored by: BAGGETTE68

Seems all sky+ customers moving away because of sky + app removal. Does this constitute of breech of

Seems all sky+ customers moving away because of sky + app removal. Does this constitute of breech of contract so we can cancel. Question for any legal people reading

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Seems all sky+ customers moving away because of sky + app removal. Does this constitute of breec

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you can find in your Sky+ contractual terms and conditions where it stipulates that the Sky+ app will be available for the duration of your contract,  you might have a case. You won't though.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Seems all sky+ customers moving away because of sky + app removal. Does this constitute of breec

@BAGGETTE68 wrote:

Seems all sky+ customers moving away because of sky + app removal. Does this constitute of breech of contract so we can cancel. Question for any legal people reading

I think it is more of the removal of SD channels rather than the app and the lack of support that are making people move

I doubt you'll have any luck going down the breach of contract route

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@BAGGETTE68 wrote:

Seems all sky+ customers moving away because of sky + app removal.

Are they, where are they. I somehow doubt people are moving away due to the fact one app is not supported and hasn't been since May of last year.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
BAGGETTE68
Topic Author
This message was authored by BAGGETTE68 This message was authored by: BAGGETTE68

take a look at 10,000 posts on the app subject.

anyway that was not the question

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@BAGGETTE68  I would read the terms & conditions, they will set out what sky can or can't do.  

But I'd be sure they have a clause about services/chnnels etc being allowed to be removed/changed etc.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by HeathHayle This message was authored by: HeathHayle

like everyone is saying its not the app

why people are leaving and it wouldnt be a breach of contract even the removal of channels isnt classed as a breach of contract so a app definitely wouldnt be

==============================
= Sky+ SD boxes x4 (pace bskyb 3100) ===
This message was authored by HeathHayle This message was authored by: HeathHayle

@BAGGETTE68 if you really want to cancel there might be other ways you can do it but I personally definitely wouldnt because once you leave sky+ you cant go back

= Sky+ SD boxes x4 (pace bskyb 3100) ===
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@BAGGETTE68 

The contract permits Sky to make any changes it sees fit: in some cases these trigger an automatic option for a subscriber to exit without penalty, and in others they could be a point for negotiation. Realistically though, Sky+ is a platform that's two decades old and for which hardware hasn't been manufactured since 2015: it's not an unreasonable business decision to seek to migrate the remaining customer base to a current system.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion