Discussion topic: RF2 on Sky + HD

This message was authored by Gofor120 This message was authored by: Gofor120

RF2 on Sky + HD

My Sky+HD box has 2 x RF2 sockets at rear, which currently enables connection to other additional TV's,  but what can be done if I have to replace current box ??? ..... i.e will later editions of boxes have 2 x RF2 sockets ??? .... and if so, which "newer" ones will have them ??? ...or if not will this mean obtaining  S/H box from somewhere ??

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: RF2 on Sky + HD

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

There are no new Sky+HD boxes. They were last manufactured 6 years ago, so any box you obtain will be previously used. The later models did not have RF outputs, but there's an adaptor (an IO Link) which can be used to provide the equivalent of one RF2 socket, with sufficient power to drive a single tv link (magic eye).

Gofor120
Topic Author

Mark39 :

Thanks again for the info ... it's not an immediate problem but am I right in thinking that my current TV set up of running TV's from 2 RF2 points can't be done from "new" boxes, at all ? ( excluding your link suggestion) as there are no RF points to be had other than S/H box ?

Regards

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The only new boxes are Sky Q boxes, and you're right - they don't provide for RF outputs.

You could use your existing RF cabling to  distribute an output from a Sky Q box by purchasing an HDMI/RF modulator. It would involve a bit of expense, but have the benefits of stereo sound and HD compatibility if the connected TVs have a Freeview HD (DVB-T2) tuner.

Gofor120
Topic Author

3rd time, thanks again...... guessed that what you have now suggested might be the case I.e. new box and other (expensive!) fitments but ...... it’s nice to know possibly how it might be done as I hadn’t a clue !

...... common sense would indicate haunting eBay or similar until the right item comes up ...  then buy it until needed.

Your advices are very welcome and thanks for your prompt attention.

Regards.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion