Discussion topic: On demand download failure Sky+

This message was authored by AliDun This message was authored by: AliDun

Re: On demand download failure Sky+

@emteepeeess does your friend know if there is anything that can be done to make a router quicker to respond? I'm still having no joy whatsoever in getting downloads to work.

@Lozza1958 I would also love to know if you got anywhere with the engineer.

This message was authored by emteepeeess This message was authored by: emteepeeess

@AliDun wrote:

@emteepeeess does your friend know if there is anything that can be done to make a router quicker to respond? I'm still having no joy whatsoever in getting downloads to work.

Sadly, no - but I got the impression that this was why changing router to a more modern one may fix it.

This message was authored by ausfan This message was authored by: ausfan

I'd been having the same problem for ages and assumed it was because Sky had discontinued support for Sky+ until I found this thread.

Had the same issues with downloading catch-up for commercial channels and after reading this thread I spoke with my broadband provider and they've changed their supplied router from a tp-link Archer xr500v to an Adtran 854-v6 and this is working fine for all downloads.

It might be worth people posting routers which work correctly and ones that don't or are known to be problematic.

This message was authored by Oddie2004 This message was authored by: Oddie2004

All the new routers are a compatible so not sure if that will make any difference.Sky have blamed weather,old routers, work being done in the area which seems illogical as it's affecting all areas of the country.I was under the impression a sky employee has now read this and has forwarded it to tech support who are looking into it but do not expect a quick fix.As it is only happening in the evening I would suggest downloading during the day and checking settings,network to see if the broadband connection shows failed but this is not a 100% foolproof.Also try turning off everything else that is connected to WiFi at tablets,iPhones, laptop,s pc,s etc so just TV is connected and this may work.I believe although it is being denied that Sky want to cut costs and are trying to switch + plus customers to q or glass/stream to reduce the number of products they are offering and eventually everybody will just use glass or stream.

@ausfan mine is also a TP link, archer 600, but  I'm very reluctant to go and buy a new router when the one I have is reliable and works with everything except sky.

@Oddie2004 for me, and I think most people on here, the problem is not only in the evening, it happens all the time.

This message was authored by ausfan This message was authored by: ausfan

Yes, same for me, didn't work at any time.

It did work when I tried a hot spot off of the phone so that proved it should still be working.

Interestingly since getting the new router it's also fixed another issue I was having with connectivity with a Ring doorbell chime, so it might be something with tp-link routers having various issues but can't be sure. In all other respects the tp-link router worked fine.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion