Discussion topic: On demand download failure Sky+ on 2 boxes

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Shut-ins This message was authored by: Shut-ins

Re: On demand download failure Sky+ on 2 boxes

Hi everyone, they still haven't fixed our download failures.  I received my email from sky help today,:-

I wish to inform you that Sky+HD Box customers are facing this ongoing issue and we are trying to rectify the issue at the earliest.

Hence, I request you to wait until the next update. I appreciate your patience in this.

Alternatively you can contact our Customer Service Team [content removed], where one are advisors will be happy to help you.

Moderator note: number removed

This message was authored by Kayelaina This message was authored by: Kayelaina

It is just crazy, it only seemed to take them 1 day to cause this issue.  Worked fine Monday 30th Jan, went wrong Tuesday 31st Jan yet after 10 days they are still unable to rectify the issue.  Surely they can look at what they changed over night or during the day 30th/31st  Jan and reverse it!  I am sure it is not that simple but it is just dragging on now.  It has taken all of us constantly chasing them for them to even acknowledge the issue, not sure what their definintion of priority is but I am fairly sure it is not the same as mine.

Fingerscrossed it will not be much longer. 🙄

This message was authored by Steve0001 This message was authored by: Steve0001

This (posted on the Sky+ section) is what annoys me...

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky/Rookie-series-5/td-p/4225303

No doubt a legitimate issue and it seems to be being dealt with, which is good. I am have no issue with those that posted on that thread.

However, it is just an issue with HD vs UHD for a couple of episodes for a particular programme. Quote: "Anyone know why series 5 of rookie episodes 1 & 2 are only available in hd and not uhd ?".

How is that a bigger issue than what is on this thread? And yet, a Sky employee/community moderator is the second response on that thread indicating that it has been referred it to the 'viewer relations team'. Why, after 122 posts here, have we had no Sky employee/community moderator on this thread refering our (obviously) more serious issue to the 'viewer relations team'?

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Steve0001 wrote:

No doubt a legitimate issue and it seems to be being dealt with, which is good. I am have no issue with those that posted on that thread.

However, it is just an issue with HD vs UHD for a couple of episodes for a particular programme. Quote: "Anyone know why series 5 of rookie episodes 1 & 2 are only available in hd and not uhd ?".

How is that a bigger issue than what is on this thread? And yet, a Sky employee/community moderator is the second response on that thread indicating that it has been referred it to the 'viewer relations team'. Why, after 122 posts here, have we had no Sky employee/community moderator on this thread refering our (obviously) more serious issue to the 'viewer relations team'?

Because people on this thread have already contacted viewerR@sky.uk, I see no advantage of "Sky employee/community moderator" duplicating the report

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@Steve0001 wrote:

@Steve0001 Anyone can contact the viewer relations team (viewerR@sky.uk), and many have in this thread. I suspect the issue in that thread is both easier to solve and solvable by that team. 

The issue in this thread has been picked up by the relevant team via the private area of the forum. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by Steve0001 This message was authored by: Steve0001

@oj01 @Annie+UK 

Thank you. I did not realise there was a private area and that the relevant team had picked it up. I was also not aware that viewerR refered to viewer relations (somewhat obvious now).

Hopefully others have learnt something!

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all, 

I'm sorry I've not been too forthcoming with replying to this thread but to confirm I raised this off to the relevant team earlier in the week - and I can assure no problem is any more of a priority than others 😉

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by emteepeeess This message was authored by: emteepeeess

@Kayelaina wrote:

Surely they can look at what they changed over night or during the day 30th/31st  Jan and reverse it!  I am sure it is not that simple 🙄

Actually, if they have proper change control in place it SHOULD be.

This message was authored by emteepeeess This message was authored by: emteepeeess

@Shut-ins wrote:

Hi everyone, they still haven't fixed our download failures.  I received my email from sky help today,:-

I wish to inform you that Sky+HD Box customers are facing this ongoing issue and we are trying to rectify the issue at the earliest.

Hence, I request you to wait until the next update. I appreciate your patience in this.

Alternatively you can contact our Customer Service Team [content removed], where one are advisors will be happy to help you.

Moderator note: number removed

Had pretty much the same response - just different wording.

It also said "Please be assured that this is in no way typical of the level of service you are entitled to expect as a Sky subscriber."

Indeed, but it's taken all this just to get an acknlowedgement that there's a problem. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@emteepeeess wrote:

@Kayelaina wrote:

Surely they can look at what they changed over night or during the day 30th/31st  Jan and reverse it!  I am sure it is not that simple 🙄

Actually, if they have proper change control in place it SHOULD be.

You're assuming it's the result of a change. I suspect a fault.

This message was authored by GOH1977 This message was authored by: GOH1977

This forum has been alot more helpful than SKY. They could have sent a message to each customer to let us know an issue has occurred. 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@GOH1977 wrote:

This forum has been alot more helpful than SKY. They could have sent a message to each customer to let us know an issue has occurred. 

Not all customers are affected though

This message was authored by Thirly This message was authored by: Thirly

[removed]

Sky could still have informed ALL users (either on this forum or elsewhere) by saying "This issue may only effect certain boxes/customers". Instead, they denied all knowledge for several days. Then when some Sky responses have acknowledged it, others still say there is no known issue.

Today I rang Sky to change something on my up-coming Sky Q order. I mentioned that I was only changing over because of the fault we are experiencing here (re on demand failures). She replied "Yes, I've had a few people saying that this week". I said, "Do the engineers know about it"? She said "Well, we always pass on any fault reports from customers so they should do".

Moderator note: removed inappropriate comment about another user

This message was authored by Shut-ins This message was authored by: Shut-ins

Day 11 of Download failure fault.

Anyone had an update from Sky as to  when it will be fixed?

I'm getting so tired of planning all recordings that I usually just download.

This message was authored by Kayelaina This message was authored by: Kayelaina

i @Re: On demand download failure Sky+ on 2 boxes

Hi @Shut-ins, I received the below about 30 minutes ago.

"I would like to inform that the issue is currently being investigated by our software teams and we do not have an update about when the issue will be resolved. Once the issue is resolved, it will be automatically updated on the website.

Your patience and understanding is appreciated in this matter."

So I am guessing it will not be resolved just yet.  Frustrating as we are waiting to get back into a series on Paramount + so do not have the option of recording it instead.  😞

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion