Discussion topic: On demand download failure Sky+ on 2 boxes

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Kayelaina This message was authored by: Kayelaina

Re: On demand download failure Sky+ on 2 boxes

Based on the last 4 days I do not believe they provide any customer service.  They have limited time to resolve this issue or I will not be a customer for much longer. I feel we would have this sorted if it was Sky Q or Glass.

This message was authored by MogwaiSatTV This message was authored by: MogwaiSatTV

The service status page still just says everything is ok. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MogwaiSatTV wrote:

The service status page still just says everything is ok. 

I imagine that's  the case for the vast majority.

This message was authored by MogwaiSatTV This message was authored by: MogwaiSatTV

Fair enough. But if the put a message to say some customers are affected by this and it is being looked at then we would all know what was going on.

It may be @Mark39 but not for all of us and Sky have confirmed the issue is at their end so they should provide updates. We are not lesser customers. I appreciate that you are not having any issues but it is causing some of us problems.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@MogwaiSatTV wrote:

Fair enough. But if the put a message to say some customers are affected by this and it is being looked at then we would all know what was going on.

They only update the status when very large numbers of customers are affected, we don't know the numbers involved with this issue

This message was authored by Thirly This message was authored by: Thirly

I just want to add my voice to the list of those who have lost the use of On Demand on all channels except for BBC and ITV. I wonder, given that it is impossible to actually contact Sky on this issue, would we get anywhere if someone notified one of the bigger (non-Sky) channels? For instance, surely Channel 4 would do/say something if it knew tons of its viewers were not able to watch its On Demand service. We (the paying public) might not have much sway over what Sky does, but surely other channels do?

This message was authored by Thirly This message was authored by: Thirly

Brilliant - I just got this email after posting the above...

"Well done Thirly! You've earned a new Badge on Sky Community for getting stuck in and helping other customers"!   

I wonder how many badges Sky itself has for helping their own customers? Not many I guess!

@Thirly wrote:

I just want to add my voice to the list of those who have lost the use of On Demand on all channels except for BBC and ITV. I wonder, given that it is impossible to actually contact Sky on this issue, would we get anywhere if someone notified one of the bigger (non-Sky) channels? For instance, surely Channel 4 would do/say something if it knew tons of its viewers were not able to watch its On Demand service. We (the paying public) might not have much sway over what Sky does, but surely other channels do?

Have you any evidence of "tons of its viewers"? from the number of posts on the forum, so far, I'd say it's a tiny percentage of Skys viewers

This message was authored by Gavi+B This message was authored by: Gavi+B

All my Sky contracts (TV, Broadband and Mobile) are up for renewal next month. If they care so little for the 'small percentage', even though I've been a loyal continuous customer for over 18 years, then I think it's high time I made alternative arrangements!
To be honest, it's been on my mind to do so for a while now, so this latest mess of an issue with my TV watching just gives me a reasonable excuse.

@Gavi+B wrote:

All my Sky contracts (TV, Broadband and Mobile) are up for renewal next month. If they care so little for the 'small percentage', even though I've been a loyal continuous customer for over 18 years, then I think it's high time I made alternative arrangements!
To be honest, it's been on my mind to do so for a while now, so this latest mess of an issue with my TV watching just gives me a reasonable excuse.

Threats of leaving have been done to death and I bet Sky don't not care one bit of people threatening as the majority of them don't seem to follow through or come back with their tails between their legs

Edit: Don't forget you need to give sky 1 months notice of cancellation

This message was authored by Gavi+B This message was authored by: Gavi+B

Oh I'm not expecting Sky to respond just because I've posted something on here Annie. Believe me, I'm not that naive and it's nothing that I haven't already put in a formal complaint.
Nevertheless, I will not be renewing my contracts if this issue isn't resolved to my satisfaction within the next 48 hours.

@Annie+UK  can I ask why you have joined this thread. You have advised you do not have the issue being discussed and seem very quick to defend Sky. I thought this was for people with the same issue to help and update each other. As you seem to think that as it is just a few of us we should stop moaning and go away. Maybe you should find another tread as yoy do not seem to be very helpful or positive on this one. Have a great day.

@Kayelaina wrote:

@Annie+UK  can I ask why you have joined this thread. You have advised you do not have the issue being discussed and seem very quick to defend Sky. I thought this was for people with the same issue to help and update each other. As you seem to think that as it is just a few of us we should stop moaning and go away. Maybe you should find another tread as yoy do not seem to be very helpful or positive on this one. Have a great day.

Not once during this thread have I said if I am or am not getting this issue!

I'm not defending Sky I'm telling people how things are from my past experience

Not once have I said or thought "stop moaning and go away"

I'll decline your offer of "going away and finding another thread", just because you don't agree with my posts or find them useful, other may

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Kayelaina wrote:

I thought this was for people with the same issue to help and update each other.

No, not at all All threads are available for anyone to comment on, whether or not they might have the same problem. You don't have to agree, of course, with someone else's opinion, but within the forum rules, anyone can express a view. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion