Discussion topic: On demand download failure Sky+ on 2 boxes

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by GOH1977 This message was authored by: GOH1977

Re: On demand download failure Sky+ on 2 boxes

Sky called me back today and asked me to carry out an update on the software (which made no difference) they have now scheduled an Engineer to visit

This message was authored by Gavi+B This message was authored by: Gavi+B

Same here.

This message was authored by Kayelaina This message was authored by: Kayelaina

Seems like more mixed messages from Sky.  If they have already advised the issue is now a known problem their end which they are working to resolve I am not sure how sending an Engineer can help.

Please let us know what the Engineer finds when they visit.  It would be interesting to know what they say.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sounds to me like the customer service centre advisers haven't been briefed, while, from the replies transcribed here, Viewer Relations are aware of the background investigation.

Each to their own, but an engineer callout seems a bit pointless at this stage (especially if you're paying for it). Just my two cents....

This message was authored by Gavi+B This message was authored by: Gavi+B

Yes, I agreed that the engineer visit is more than likely a complete waste of time... and I did try to explain that to the nice CS rep on the phone. However, she insisted that she couldn't see any known issues that would cause our collective issues and that an engineer visit was the necessary 'next step'.
I was about to turn the visit down, at which point the CS rep waved all costs to me giving the reason as 'you're a Diamond customer'.
I fully expect the engineer to rock up, take one look at my boxes and conclude that the root cause of the issue is server side, not client side! Ah well... on we go...
Personally, I'm still hopeful that the problem will be sorted by the date scheduled for the engineer's visit.

This message was authored by Tony+Whewell This message was authored by: Tony+Whewell

Just seen this thread. Yes, got the same problem..

monkeynuts1952
Topic Author
This message was authored by monkeynuts1952 This message was authored by: monkeynuts1952

@Gavi+B please update on the forum what the outcome of the engineer visit is! 
mom so fed up with this now as there are literally loads of things I've wanted to unload but been unable to!

This message was authored by TheRealFixer This message was authored by: TheRealFixer

I have the download issue too.  Not sure when it first started.  I reported it via Twitter and went through the usual rebuilds, resets etc. (which I'd already done). I pointed the very polite CS rep to this thread and informed them of my reasonable grasp of IT and engineering - then hit the same answer - we're working on it. I feel sure I deserve a discount when I can't access the services I pay for.

This message was authored by thegfb This message was authored by: thegfb

When I called customer services, they advised me in a polite way that catch up, sky cinema, on demand etc are all services given at no extra cost in addition to the live broadcast channels, and as such don't form part of the contract.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@thegfb wrote:

When I called customer services, they advised me in a polite way that catch up, sky cinema, on demand etc are all services given at no extra cost in addition to the live broadcast channels, and as such don't form part of the contract.

Yes, Sky don't charge extra for On Demand (SD) so technically everyone is paying for it whether they use it or not. Sky do like to play with technicalities sometimes 😞

This message was authored by TheRealFixer This message was authored by: TheRealFixer

Well, if they use that to wiggle out of a tech screw up I'll definitely walk. Movie choice isn't much to my taste as it is and if the convenience of on demand is lost I'll make the call. Other providers blah, blah, blah. It's more twisting my arm than anything else, I don't want a Q.

So they do charge for HD? I should really look at the small print, or the print.  Either way, my subscription is likely to be reducing 😄

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@TheRealFixer Sky might make some sort of ex gratia gesture such as a Tesco gift card, if you ask.

Why don't you want Sky Q?

This message was authored by thegfb This message was authored by: thegfb

@TheRealFixerit would be an interesting one.  From an advertising/trading standards perspective, the small print always mentions needing to have an internet connection at a minimum speed etc but doesn't ever state 'we can **** up and it's tough luck if we do'.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@thegfb wrote:

@TheRealFixerit would be an interesting one.  From an advertising/trading standards perspective, the small print always mentions needing to have an internet connection at a minimum speed etc but doesn't ever state 'we can **** up and it's tough luck if we do'.

Not for Sky+ as that has never required an Internet connection to operate, Sky Q and Sky Glass are different in this respect

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion