Discussion topic: No Signal - Communal Dish

This message was authored by FondantMoose This message was authored by: FondantMoose

No Signal - Communal Dish

Our block has a communal dish and just under four weeks ago on the evening of Wednesday 17th I noticed a problem with there being no signal on Quest HD but others I used were fine (though I never checked them all).

The next morning I had the dreaded no signal blue box. I heard noise outside and found two workers from the contractors used to maintain the TV systems. I explained the issue of having no signal (but didn't specify it was SKY-related), but they took that as rushing them.

Well the problem stayed, but they didn't. I reported the issue and had another person visit and he said the LNB was held on by tape... He advised we needed to replace that and the dish. This happened last Monday, but still no signal. Odd thing is, we had heavy rain/thunder/lightening just before midnight and the signal briefly returned and released the planner, though stupidly I reset the box to try and get things working again as I could only play some recordings but could not search back or forward when they were playing.

IMG_5037_062848.JPG

All told I am not happy, but am also convinced the LNB does not work properly (no signal quality OR strength for the feeds) or that it was replaced as they have invoiced.

Please tell me what you think. Thank you.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: No Signal - Communal Dish

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It could be the result of a fault either with your Sky box or the communal system, but in the circumstamces you've described, more likely to be an ongoing problem with the communal system. You could check with your neighbours to see if they're having the same problem. 

FondantMoose
Topic Author
This message was authored by FondantMoose This message was authored by: FondantMoose

Thanks for replying, Mark

As far as I know, I am the only one who uses the communal dish.

Do you think the LNB has not been changed?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It's hard to say without physically investigating. It could be a problem with the LNB, or the communal system multiswitch, the,cabling from the multiswitch to your home or dish alignment..

If the LNB isn't secured properly that won't help either.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion