Discussion topic: Multiroom options for Sky+HD?

This message was authored by NN This message was authored by: NN

Multiroom options for Sky+HD?

My elderly mum (90!) has a Sky+HD box but we now want to give her Sky TV upstairs too.

Do Sky still provide multiroom boxes etc. for Sky+HD connectivity or do they insist that you upgrade to Sky Q and a mini box instead? We'd rather not upgrade if possible as it would be difficult for my mum to adapt to the new remote and user interface etc.

I've seen second hand Sky+HD multiroom kit for sale online - would that be an option, or would we have viewing card issues?

Thanks in advance.

Nikki

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Multiroom options for Sky+HD?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NN  They will only offer additional sky plus hardware/subscriptions in exceptional circumstances you will need to discuss your options with sky directly 

but the most likely outcome is that it will require an upgrade to Q 

you can buy the boxes but sky won't sell additional subscriptions or supply viewing cards

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion