Discussion topic: Magic eye stopped working

This message was authored by mni This message was authored by: mni

Re: Magic eye stopped working

I had a similar problem- leds on but not working reliably.

Traced the problem to faulty smoothing capacitors in my aerial distribution amplifier. This caused too much ac ripple on the supply to the magic eyes. . They worked intermittently then eventually not at all. New caps (or a new loft amp if not able to fix your old one) and all working again. 

This message was authored by RMC1 This message was authored by: RMC1

I have Sky+ HD with 3 magic eyes.  I was away for a week and on return I cannot change channel on Magic eyes😡.  I have picture but no control. I have read most Q + A on here (got a badge for reading 100 😁) and tried several.  All connections are fine - they were a week ago.

One stated in settings/picture switch off RF out - this is not on my settings!
Others mention changing channel in engineering set up - how do you do this? 
The day before I left I changed internet provider- could this have anything to do with it even though I have set internet on all TVs.

TIA

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

No, nothing to do with your internet connection. Are all three magic eyes affected? Are they connected via an amplified splitter which plugs into the mains?

Thanks Mark

Yes all 3 are affected. They are all wired to a splitter in attic that is not independently powered.  As I said all worked fine 2 weeks  ago. Sky working fine in main room and picture can be viewed in other rooms with Magic eyes.

Are the power LEDs on the 3 magic eyes lit? If not, check that RF Output Power is turned on in your Sky box's Installer Menu. To access the Menu, key Services,0,0,1,Select on your remote. Don't pause between key presses, and don't wait for the screen to change after each button press.

Picture and sound,on the remote TVs don't depend on the magic eyes. They just provide the remote control of your Sky box.

Thanks will try that tomorrow 

I have managed to get into the menu and rf is switched on & showing channel 47. I know my tvs were retuned about 2 months ago to 47? Due to 5 G.  Should I try another channel?

@RMC1 wrote:

Should I try another channel?

Only if the picture or sound on the connected TVs is poor. The RF channel has nothing to do with your magic eyes.

Let us know whether or not the power LEDs on the magic eyes are lit, as ,mentioned previously.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion