Discussion topic: Loss of channel 512 GB news

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Loss of channel 512 GB news

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Brewergirl wrote:

I know a lot of my friends who watch GB news have also complained about the same thing. so it is not a one off or saying satalite needs re-aligning. 

Perhaps worth noting that it would have been GB News itself which chose to make the transponder change which @xenon81 refers to, and they must have known this would adversely affect some viewers in the UK.  Sky has no control over that kind of decision, and does not itself own the orbiting platforms.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by dansilkman This message was authored by: dansilkman

I'm having the same problem? How do I rectify this?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@dansilkman wrote:

I'm having the same problem? How do I rectify this?

As per the previous replies, you'll need to have your dish alignment checked. There's no longer any engineer support for Sky+ from Sky unless you have Sky Protect, so you would need to engage a local satellite engineer to take a look. Or upgrade to Sky Q.

This message was authored by dansilkman This message was authored by: dansilkman

I've got sky q. Have called sky and booked an engineer for a couple of days. Checked signal strength and that's showing 50 and quality 90

@dansilkman wrote:

I've got sky q. Have called sky and booked an engineer for a couple of days. Checked signal strength and that's showing 50 and quality 90.

As you posted in the Sky+ forum, I made the reasonable assumption that you had Sky+ and responded appropriately.

Apologies. I was googling "loss of gb news satellite channel" and came to this and saw some useful info. I've lost the other 2 channels on same transponder so hopefully a realignment will sort it and also get my signal Strenght up. 

@dansilkman wrote:

Apologies. I was googling "loss of gb news satellite channel" and came to this and saw some useful info. I've lost the other 2 channels on same transponder so hopefully a realignment will sort it and also get my signal Strenght up. 

No worries. I'm sure an engineer will be able to sort it out. I believe the signal strength figure of 50 shown in Sky Q is a bit of a bug so that might not improve a lot.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion