Discussion topic: LOSS OF MULTI ROOM - HELP REQD

This message was authored by Robert.C This message was authored by: Robert.C

LOSS OF MULTI ROOM - HELP REQD

Help required since I've been going round in circles for three weeks on this matter.

I currently have 1 SKY+ HD 2TD box (main room), 1 SKY+ HD 1TB box (secondary room) and subscribe to Multi Room, HD package  and all channels except cinema.

In December last year I ordered SKYQ but after a rethink cancelled after a few days with confirmation of doing so.

Approx 3 weeks ago I switched on the main box (2TB) to watch SKY Sports and got the message to say I needed to upgrade my subscription, message the same for most SKY channels (Discovery, Atlantic etc).

I got onto SKY (Mumbai) and after doing various checks they concluded my viewing card was at fault and sent a new card which arrived approx 1 week later.

Card was inserted and I received the same message regarding upgrading my subscription.

SKY again contacted and agent advised that for some reason somebody has cancelled my multi room package, they were not sure if this was tied in with my cancelled SKYQ order.

I checked my package online and low and behold no multi room package shown.

The agent advised he would 'raise a ticket' to resolve the issue and would call back within a few days and the issue would be resolved. 

No call back received therefore called them last Friday with apologies and the same response, they would raise a ticket and get back to me today.

No call backs received and again tonight I contacted them (a 65 minute call !!!) and was passed to 4 different agents again all in Mumbai which got me absolutely nowhere.

On trying to resolve they told me they have no facility to reinstate my multi room unless it's a SKY Q box, this was followed by various attempts to get me to take SKY Q (18 month contract) which I refused. 

Meantime I've been stuck with basic channels for approx 3 weeks despite paying for them.

Asked for a number to speak with a manager in the UK but they couldn't give me one.

At the end of the day SKY disconnected the multi room facility without my knowledge or consent and all  I want is it back.

Any help on how to get it sorted or a UK number to speak with a UK rep would be appreciated.

Robert

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: LOSS OF MULTI ROOM - HELP REQD

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Robert.C there is no special number for the uk , you will be put through to the next available agent wherever they are based you can't choose destination 

the only thing you can do is is to keep calling until you get through to a uk based agent 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Their pone numbers all go to the call centres so there is no way to guarantee a UK rep

How to make a complaint to sky: Sky Customer Complaints Code of Practice

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Is your second box (the 1TB box) working ok?

Robert.C
Topic Author

Yes, second box working fine and has never had any problems.

Viewing cards and box serial numbers all marry up as well.

They have confirm the issue is the multi room package being removed from my account hence only one box getting the full package.

The main room only gets non SKY channels, BBC, ITV, TNT etc.

Robert.C
Topic Author

Still goind round in circles with SKY.

There customer service replies are terrible since they don't seem to have grasped the sequence of events. You never get the same person and end up going through everything again, again and again.

There latest reply suggests I ordered multi room on my SKY+HD on 15/12/23 and cancelled at on 27/12/23.

I've had multi room for around 20 years therefore why would I call to order. !!!!!!

They continually ramming SKYQ down my throat advising this is the only way I'll get multi room.

Also still trying to speak with a UK agent to no avail, even asking them for one to call me.

Appalling service.

Seriously considering cancelling the contract.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Robert.C wrote:

Also still trying to speak with a UK agent to no avail, even asking them for one to call me. 

@Robert.C 

It doesn't work like that I'm afraid. Sky won't get another agent to call you back because of where they are based. All calls go through to the next available agent no matter where they are. All you can do is keeping calling until you get a UK based agent but who's to say the agent will tell you where they are. I presume they're not obliged to. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Robert.C
Topic Author

Surprise surprise.

Received a phone call this morning from an overseas contact centre manager.

This followed by a call from the UK Centre and resolution reached.

The bottom line is due to a SKY technical glitch my multi room was wrongly taken out.

Apparently when you order order SKY Q it automatically amends your package after the installation date. Since you do not need multi room with SKYQ this was to be taken out off my account.

However, when I cancelled the order the auto package amendment was not cancelled therefore my multi room was not reinstated hence I lost it.

Anyone ordering SKY Q and then thinking of cancelling beware.

Due to SKY+HD not being supported any longer (phasing out) they say they cannot techically make a multi room reconnection.

As such I'm having to take SKYQ on very good terms.

All done and dusted in 15 mins via a UK centre which I couldn't get in 3 weeks via the foreign ones.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Robert.C that's a very good result. You're right about being mindful of potential problems when ordering Sky Q and subsequently cancelling. And once installation of Sky Q has taken place, there's no going back to Sky+.

This message was authored by Alan46026 This message was authored by: Alan46026

Yes ditto for me atm but I haven't cancelled anything!!! How the heck can we get this sorted? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion