Discussion topic: I want to move my sky box from one room to another, how do I do this?

This message was authored by Messi55 This message was authored by: Messi55

I want to move my sky box from one room to another, how do I do this?

I want to move my sky box from one room to another, how do I do this?  Should I change to a sky Q box, I am currently paying sky €163 per month which I think is alot for two boxes

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: I want to move my sky box from one room to another, how do I do this?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If it's practical to do so, you can extend the dish cables yourself using a kit you can buy from most hardware stores. Otherwise Sky can relocate the cables so that they enter your home in the new room, assuming it has a suitable outside wall. Sky will charge around £65 for the work.

€163 sounds a lot. You can probably agree a discount with Sky, subject to a contractual minimum term of 18 months.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Messi55 wrote:

I am currently paying sky €163 per month which I think is alot for two boxes

Surely that's for more than just Sky+ with a Multiroom box?  Even a full set of Sky television services with Sport and Cinema plus broadband should  be around £120pcm even at out-of-minimum term pricing, and that's more like £140.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by JamieONeill1 This message was authored by: JamieONeill1

Hi, it is possible to move my sky box into another room? There is a longer cable that needs to be fitted to sky dish.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@JamieONeill1 wrote:

Hi, it is possible to move my sky box into another room? There is a longer cable that needs to be fitted to sky dish.

You can do it yourself by using extension cables available from many hardware stores. If you want the cable to be re-routed from the dish through the wall in the other room you'll need to engage a local satellite installer to re-cable it for you. Sky no longer provide engineer support for Sky+ equipment.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion