Discussion topic: How to get a replacement Sky box?

This message was authored by Skylark21 This message was authored by: Skylark21

How to get a replacement Sky box?

For almost a year now, we've had technical issues with our Sky+ HD box. We have tried everything (pulling it out of the mains etc).

We have had this box for about 15 years. I cannot find a phone number to call Sky for a new box. Would anyone be able to help? Thanks 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

Re: How to get a replacement Sky box?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You can contact Sky here and go to the “Need more help?” at the bottom of the page.

Sky can only provide refurbished boxes but you can source a secondhand one from places like eBay etc...

The latest models are DRX890 & DRX895 earlier boxes don't have the latest software and should be avoided

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

You can contact Sky here and go to the “Need more help?” at the bottom of the page.

Sky can only provide refurbished boxes but you can source a secondhand one from places like eBay etc...

The latest models are DRX890 & DRX895 earlier boxes don't have the latest software and should be avoided

This message was authored by MattEllis83 This message was authored by: MattEllis83

Sky - My box is faulty but my friend has an old box that he no longer uses.  I assume its fine for me to use that box, and just put my card in? 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@MattEllis83 wrote:

Sky - My box is faulty but my friend has an old box that he no longer uses.  I assume its fine for me to use that box, and just put my card in? 

Yes. You'll need to pair your Viewing Card with the replacement box. You can do that by carrying out a New Install providing the box has a broadband connection.

This message was authored by SandyMB This message was authored by: SandyMB

So, as long as you are with Sky, you are expected to make the equipment last? Mine is coming up for four years old and stressing me out with faults. I am expected to live with it, or pay for a second hand one? 😱 Nothing lasts forever and if I'm paying for a service, I need the equipment to use it! I assumed this was all included in the high cost of Sky! 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@SandyMB wrote:

So, as long as you are with Sky, you are expected to make the equipment last?  

Or upgrade to one of the current platforms, Sky Q or Stream.

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@SandyMB wrote:

So, as long as you are with Sky, you are expected to make the equipment last? Mine is coming up for four years old and stressing me out with faults. I am expected to live with it, or pay for a second hand one? 😱 Nothing lasts forever and if I'm paying for a service, I need the equipment to use it! I assumed this was all included in the high cost of Sky! 

Sky will happily switch you to Sky Q or Sky Stream for little or no cost. On both of those platforms, the equipment is only on loan, so Sky are responsible for repairs etc. 

With the Sky+ box that you have, you bought it outright, likely for very little, when you joined so you are responsible for repairs or replacement.

Incidentally, they haven't been manufactured or sold by Sky for over 6 years. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@SandyMB wrote:

So, as long as you are with Sky, you are expected to make the equipment last?

Sky+ HD boxes were last manufactured in 2015 after which production shifted to Q hardware, so yes, that would seem a logical conclusion.  As indicated above, Sky+ hardware was always purchased with a limited warranty and not rented through the monthly subscription: outside its warranty (which are all now long expired) Sky has no obligation to replace those boxes.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion