Discussion topic: How to access Netflix as a Sky+ user?

This message was authored by Another+One This message was authored by: Another+One

How to access Netflix as a Sky+ user?

To take advantage of new cheaper rates  I recently renewed my Sky subscription which comes with Netflix - the Sky operative told me this would be £5 a month (might be £4, can't remember which and there's no charge shown on my bill for it).  I don't want a Q box installed yet as I want to remain with my Sky+ at least until all the recorded programs have been watched (some are a few years old and cannot be downloaded now).

Hope you can help with a few questions related to Netflix: 

How can I watch Netflix without using a Sky Q box?  My TV has a Netflix app, but how can I    
     logon to that using my Sky credentials?

My current bill, and the next two months proposed bills shown in My Sky don't include a charge

for Netflix.  Is Netflix included in the cost of Sky Signature (for which I'm paying £20/month), or

will I see an  extra amount on my bill for this once I logon to Netflix?

If I can't access Netflix directly on my TV, or simply don't want it, can I cancel it without a penalty charge?

thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: How to access Netflix as a Sky+ user?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Another+One  Basically you can't has you have to signup up or link an existing Netflix account through a q box 

Netflix basic is included in cost of signature afaik

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@Another+One  Basically you can't has you have to signup up or link an existing Netflix account through a q box 

Netflix basic is included in cost of signature afaik

Isn't it Sky Ultimate that includes Netflix basic? I don't believe that Sky Signature does (I have Sky Signature). 

Either way, it's not possible for Sky+HD box customers to receive it @Another+One @.

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@oj01 wrote:

Isn't it Sky Ultimate that includes Netflix basic? I don't believe that Sky Signature does (I have Sky Signature). 

It is Sky Ultimate and not Sky Signature:

Ultimate TV includes the Netflix Basic plan (1 screen + SD) as standard
You can upgrade to Netflix Standard (2 screens + HD) by adding the HD pack
You can upgrade to Netflix Premium (4 screens + UHD/HDR) by adding the Ultra HD pack (requires the HD pack first)

And not via Sky+.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@caesarome wrote:

@oj01 wrote:

It is Sky Ultimate and not Sky Signature:

Ultimate TV includes the Netflix Basic plan (1 screen + SD) as standard
You can upgrade to Netflix Standard (2 screens + HD) by adding the HD pack
You can upgrade to Netflix Premium (4 screens + UHD/HDR) by adding the Ultra HD pack (requires the HD pack first)

And not via Sky+.

@caesarome @oj01  your both correct, I always get this wrong because as you can see from image below, the website seems to indicate that ultimate is included with Sky signature, hence why I said what I said by default 

76C9834F-7B89-47BB-8CA2-A5DBEBE330A1.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion