Discussion topic: How do you remove the message banner from the bottom of all BBC programmes

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: How do you remove the message banner from the bottom of all BBC programmes

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

How did you set the recording, via the box itself or via the Sky Go app ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jas666 This message was authored by: jas666

I *think* it was the sky app

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

If it was the Sky Go app then you should note that the channels are reversed via it so to set a recording via your box on 101HD you need to do it via 801 on the app which is the HD channel. You might have set it via 101 which is the SD version on the app so your box has recorded via BBC One SD and hence the onscreen message.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Deltaladyxh558 This message was authored by: Deltaladyxh558

Showing on HD channels as well 

This message was authored by Caygill This message was authored by: Caygill

Typical BBC service , ignoring customers. This is why the BBC now have a credibility problem. Hold the banner on for 30 seconds with a warning that in future please change. I svoid the BBC when I can because I dislike that Gary what's name. Will think of refusing fee, as news is biased as well . Dreadful service . 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Caygill I don't disagree with some of your comments but they're better raised with the BBC than thr Sky forum, as Sky has no control over the broadcaster.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Caygill wrote:

Typical BBC service , ignoring customers. This is why the BBC now have a credibility problem. Hold the banner on for 30 seconds with a warning that in future please change. I svoid the BBC when I can because I dislike that Gary what's name. Will think of refusing fee, as news is biased as well . Dreadful service . 

I have posted something similar in the past but standing back a little on this - especially as we are now in December, with the switch off in  early January (only a few weeks away).

If people do watch the SD versions via Satellite, it will cease  & if people don't have HD capable boxes then they will need to switch with possibly a gap in watching

HD is currently available and by leaving the banner so prominently it is strongly encouraging  people to get the equipment needed to continue watching ahead of the switch - most people already have suitable boxes  Yes rather OTT, but no-one can complain they have not be clear about the switch off

P.S. Also I should point out SKY HD boxes are no longer supplied by SKY so anyone switchiing to SKY Q will have waits for engineers which reduces the window also

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Caygill wrote:

Will think of refusing fee, as news is biased as well .

That would generally be unwise: while you may regard 'refusing fee' as an act of conscience, it's not a legal defence, and in a Magistrates Court there isn't a jury to potentially appreciate your principled stand.

If there's no licenceable activity at the address then no licence is required and no fee is payable.  Knowingly conducting licenceable activity without a licence and then refusing to acquire one if this activity is identified is pretty much automatically an offence.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Caygill If you only watch On Demand content that is not from BBC iPlayer then you can stop paying the BBC 🙂 You can watch the majority of TV programmes without a licence if you follow the rules 🙂

This message was authored by SeymourStein This message was authored by: SeymourStein

We are having this problem too, with recordings. But on reading this I'm really confused because the channel is BBC HD (channel 101 on Sky). It literally says BBC HD as the banner??? What can I do to stop it appearing on recordings (it never appears when I'm just watching). 

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

The message only appears on the SD channel. If you're seeing the message on recordings you are recording the SD channel. 

BBC SD closes on Monday so you won't have this problem from then, but any recordings currently set to BBC One SD will no longer record after Monday.

This message was authored by SeymourStein This message was authored by: SeymourStein

Thanks Venon. The part I'm confused about is your comment about my recording on the SD channel - 101 literally says 'BBC1 HD' as its banner heading? 

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@SeymourStein wrote:

Thanks Venon. The part I'm confused about is your comment about my recording on the SD channel - 101 literally says 'BBC1 HD' as its banner heading? 

hi @SeymourStein 

Check all your  recordings in Home - Recordings - Scheduled 

for any that are against the SD version (no HD at the end of the name)

We have found that often people have set such recordings from the SKY go app - also a few may have Series linked before the  HD regional versions became available .

Thanks so much, I think this was the issue. Have reset all our recordings on BBC - we'll find out if I've cracked it after Monday!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion