Discussion topic: ITV MotoGP Playlist Failure??

This message was authored by AndySCFC This message was authored by: AndySCFC

ITV MotoGP Playlist Failure??

Bit of a weird one so please bear with me whilst I try and explain!! I set my Stream planner to "record" the free to air MotoGP from Portugal this weekend on ITV3 on Saturday and ITV4 on Sunday both added as one off events as not able to be seria added. Wnet out Saturday daytimne and upone return the "recording" had dissapeared completely from playlist, i jsut assumed i had made an error so double checked for Sunday aand it was ahowing as added to my planner on the TV guide but not showing in planner. Believe tihs is correct as no library/back episoeds to show so nothing to ut in planner. 

Was in and out Sunday but upon return checked planner and MotoGP was in there but when i wnet in to programme it only had option of watching live not from beginning, thought it perhaps needed to finish so waited until after progtramme finished and it had disappeared from playlist again. very strange my only guess at the minute is that as it was a one off and usually a paid for service from TNT that recording was somehow not allowed?? but seem to recall similar happening previous years and Sky Q recorded it ok

Any ideas anyone?

All Replies

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

Re: ITV MotoGP Playlist Failure??

It looks that ITV are doing a rights share for selected races with TNT Sports and those rights may not allow On-demand access which could also affect cloud recording 

AndySCFC
Topic Author
This message was authored by AndySCFC This message was authored by: AndySCFC

Yes that was my thinking does anyone know if it worked on Sky Q?

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

@AndySCFC Sky Q used physical recordings rather than cloud ones and on-demand playback so the broadcast rights would be different...

This message was authored by Oakers64 This message was authored by: Oakers64

Same issue with Sky Glass, I set up to record (add to playlist ) ITV 4 highlights, the screen shows 'Added' but when I went to view only TNT live or highlights were showing.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Not sure if it's what you want.

Home>Sports>Motorsports>Motorsports on demand rail

ITVx MotoGP highlights of Americas 45m is there along with Portugal

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Oakers64 This message was authored by: Oakers64

Thanks, I'll give that a go. I've only had the Sky Glass for a few months and I sill find it hard to find certain things.

Cheers

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion