Discussion topic: How do I Request a replacement remote

This message was authored by Brandon13 This message was authored by: Brandon13

How do I Request a replacement remote

Hi,

How do I go about getting a replacement remote for my Sky Stream Puk, have had no luck in getting through to a call centre with a human being that can assist me, am unable to use my service.

Thanks, 

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: How do I Request a replacement remote

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If the remote has broken there are a couple of things you can try as a temp solution to see if you can getting working whilst waiting your replacement:

Check the batteries
An easy way to check is to cover the buttons slightly on your Sky remote with your hand. You should see a white backlight behind the buttons. If you don't see the backlight the issue is the power with the remote, so potentially a battery issue.

Check the battery compartment to make sure the paper used to protect the battery has been fully removed. It might have ripped when being removed leaving some behind.

Still can't see the backlight? It’s likely you need to replace the two AAA batteries.

Pair the remote

Press 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds (This resets/clears the remote)
Press 1 and 3 together for three seconds (bluetooth mode) and follow any on-screen instructions.

The next option sounds insane but a number of users have reported it resolving the issue with their remotes. You could try holding the remote at both ends and giving it a gentle twist as though you were wringing out a towel. 

If none of these options work you can request a replacement remote via this link: https://www.sky.com/help/forms/streaming-tv-remote

If you have an old Sky Q remote, you can use that as an interim solution whilst you await the new remote.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Mel60 This message was authored by: Mel60

I need a replacement handset as it is not working anymore what do I need to do to get one ? 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mel60  Read the post directly above yours as there is a link you can use.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion