Discussion topic: Got itvx, only 1 advert plays on ad breaks, then blank screen til program resumes. Not sure why, thi

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Got itvx, only 1 advert plays on ad breaks, then blank screen til program resumes. Not sure why,

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@fdkin1  There is nowhere specific to enter the code.  Just open the app and then use your remote enter the code and a notice will appear on the screen saying the storage has been cleared.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by fdkin1 This message was authored by: fdkin1

Re: Got itvx, only 1 advert plays on ad breaks, then blank screen til program resumes. Not sure why,

Ok. There are no buttons on the homepage. If you mean enter the code when you are on the homepage, how do I you know the code has been accepted?

Interesting though is that I'm currently using a Google Chromecast with Google TV remote  via a Harmony remote and hub setup and there are no number buttons on the remote. Hence this solution won't work for me, unfortunately.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@fdkin1  Unfortunately it sounds as though your remote isn't suitable as you need a remote with number buttons such as the Stream remote.  If you do find a way of entering the numbers you know you did it correcty as you will receive the storage cleared message. 👍

Ok thanks. I've responded elsewhere in the thread. I've mentioned virgin media stream but I need to check that but the main place I use itvx is via Chromecast with Google TV. I testing that it's the same issue on the sky stream boxes though but the solution won't work for me as there are no numeral buttons on the Chromecast remote - and I'm using a harmony remote and hub to operate it, which does have number key but these cannot be assigned due to there being nothing to assign them to on the Chromecast. 🙄 I'll have to look for a other solution. Thanks anyway. 😎👍

Thanks 

There must be another way of clearing the itvx cache.. I'll see if I can raise the sleeping dog on Twitter. 😱

Ok. It's an itvx issue. I've found the answer from them. ..

Open itvx

Settings

About

Reset (you'll need to re-enter 1st 2 characters of your postcode)

Reboot your device

This resets your settings AND clears the cache.

😎👍

@fdkin1  Thanks for posting the update, it's good to hear you got a resolution.  I wasn't aware of that method of clearing the cache (every day is a school day) 😀

This message was authored by Shazzy1103 This message was authored by: Shazzy1103

Hi I have exactly the same . It's very strange 

I haven't paid ti cancel adverts either ! 

The solution for the Chromecast is to clear the data from within the ITVX app from within the Chromecast settings - top right of the Chromecast home page, penultimate icon...

Apps/See all Apps

Scroll down to the ITVX app

Select Clear data

Sign back into the ITVX app.

😎👍

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion