Discussion topic: Sky Store stopped working over Wifi

This message was authored by nomisw1 This message was authored by: nomisw1

Sky Store stopped working over Wifi

I have an issue that none of my purchased Sky Store content plays over my home wifi on any device. (I have Three 5G home wifi hub with Eero Mesh). But it does work over mobile 4G network. 

This is a fairly recent issue, I'd say in the last few weeks (been a while since we tried to watch a Sky Store movie). Before a few weeks ago, Sky Store worked fine on all devices over my home wifi setup. 

My home wifi setup has not changed at all for over a year.

Everything else works fine as expected, all wifi services on all devices, other streaming content (eg Netflix, Prime etc), gaming, apps etc. No other issues as all.

If I turn off wifi on my iPhone or iPad, Sky Store works fine as expected over the 4G mobile network.

With the wifi turned on, this is the experience I have:

Windows 10 Laptop: Try and play any purchased content (eg a purchased movie from My Library); opens in window and then nothing plays and timer at bottom of screen simply shows "00:00:00  00:00:00" and timer never changes and nothing plays.

Mobile iPhone and iPad: Try and play any purchased content and just get spinning icon for about 10 seconds then on screen display (OSD) saying "Alert - We are experiencing a problem at the moment. Please try again".

All Replies

This message was authored by mike+simmonds This message was authored by: mike+simmonds

Re: Sky Store stopped working over Wifi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @nomisw1 

Last week I read a very similar post from a customer who had been told by Sky that downloading Skystore content using (effectively) certain types of mobile data was not a "secure way to download" or words to that effect 

at the time I looked at the Skystore terms and conditions and it did read that the service required "broadband"

It was as if Sky was differentiating between traditional broadband and some mobile data downloads

I'm pretty sure that there was no clear answer within the thread but the customer was referred back to the Skystore team to try to resolve 

If you want to try - this link will take you to their livechat- opens next at 11am tomorrow 

Let us know how you get on please 

https://www.skystore.com/n/hcus/help/contact-us 

Sky customer since 1989.
Sky Q 2TB main box
LG CX6LA from 2020

Have a look at Sky Store – A quick guide for users

Have a look at Maximising the sound quality of your Sky Soundbox

nomisw1
Topic Author

Hi -- thank you for taking the time to reply; I chatted to Sky Store as you suggested and this is their response..

"I'm sorry you're having a problem with this. We are aware that there are a few customers who are having a connectivity problem with 3. The fact that it is working on one provvider and not the other is highlighting that there is a problem with your 3 provider. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to resolve this issue for you and we recommend you contact 3 about this.... We have not changed anything from our end so it may be 3 who have. I'm sorry I can't help you with this."

So not particularly helpful .. will try speaking to Three to see if they can offer any insight..
nomisw1
Topic Author

OK to provide a further update in case anyone else is having this issue..

I managed to speak to Three 2nd line Technical Support who say they "are aware of an issue" between Three and Sky. They said that the issue has existed for a "few weeks" and that their engineers were investigating.

No further technical details or fix ETA were given but apparently Three will send me a text message once the issue is resolved... 

This message was authored by Techwalla1954 This message was authored by: Techwalla1954

Hi

I realise this may be an old thread but was any resolution found please?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion