Discussion topic: Sky Store purchase disappeared on Sky Q box but available online

This message was authored by mcgr1 This message was authored by: mcgr1

Sky Store purchase disappeared on Sky Q box but available online

Hi.

I have about 40 movies that I've bought over the years. Last night I noticed 2 movies (Shaun of the Dead and Jaws) have disappeared from the Purchased library.

I can see both of these online and via the Sky store app (which has been very temperamental this past month). However, when I try to send to Sky box, nothing happens. 

What is weird is that as I've "part watched" Jaws recently, it shows in my "Continue" library.....as a Sky Store purchase! No such luck for Shaun of the Dead. That's nowhere to be found. 

But when I search Sky Store for Shaun of the Dead it's not available to buy, there's only options for renting. 

Very annoying.  Couple this with a almost useless Sky store app this last month and Sky really need to start answering questions. 

All Replies

This message was authored by mike+simmonds This message was authored by: mike+simmonds

Re: Sky Store purchase disappeared on Sky Q box but available online

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Morning @mcgr1 

It sounds a bit odd that Shaun is available to buy online but not on your Q box (I'm

assuming you have Sky Q)

I can confirm I see the same as you on my setup. 

it's not unknown for Sky to lose hosting rights for a movie but personally I've not known a situation where Sky held rights online but not for viewing on a box. 

Probably the easiest thing would be to try a livechat with the Skystore team when they open at 11am.  Ask them if that's what's happened or if it's just a technical glitch. 

let us know what they say. 

https://www.skystore.com/n/hcus/help/contact-us 

Sky customer since 1989.
Sky Q 2TB main box
LG CX6LA from 2020

Have a look at Sky Store – A quick guide for users

Have a look at Maximising the sound quality of your Sky Soundbox

mcgr1
Topic Author

Thanks @mike+simmonds 

Do you also have Shaun of the Dead as a purchase on your library then? Where it's available online but not your box?

It's the Jaws scenario that I find weird. It's still available in my "Continue" and "Most recent" as a Sky Store purchase, but just not in my "Purchased" library! I dare not Archive it as I will lose the title if I do. 

Will contact them later this morning.

This message was authored by mike+simmonds This message was authored by: mike+simmonds

Hi @mcgr1 

I haven't actually purchased Shaun, it's just that I see similar to  you - available to buy and keep online - but not available to buy on my Sky Q box. 

It will be interesting to hear what the team say on livechat. Hope you get someone good. 

Sky customer since 1989.
Sky Q 2TB main box
LG CX6LA from 2020

mcgr1
Topic Author

Thanks @mike+simmonds 

Small favour if I may. Could you check Jaws as well please 🙏 I wonder if that is/isn't available on the store as well.

I'll let you know what they say.

For me @mcgr1 - Jaws is available both to buy and to rent, both online and on my Sky Q box 

Sky customer since 1989.
Sky Q 2TB main box
LG CX6LA from 2020

mcgr1
Topic Author

Ok thanks @mike+simmonds . I appreciate you checking.

No chat available yet. But will keep you posted.

Thanks again 

This message was authored by Carole27 This message was authored by: Carole27

I'm having the same problems with Trolls 😞

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion