Discussion topic: Ive bought a film on sky store on my mobile but need to know how to transfer it to my tv

This message was authored by Pettypeas This message was authored by: Pettypeas

Ive bought a film on sky store on my mobile but need to know how to transfer it to my tv

How do I transfer film from sky store to my tv off my phone

Best Answers
This message was authored by mike+simmonds This message was authored by: mike+simmonds Answer

Re: Ive bought a film on sky store on my mobile but need to know how to transfer it to my tv

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Pettypeas 

This all depends on if it's a buy and keep movie or a rental  

If it's a buy and keep, just look for a "send to box" option on Skystore and that will transfer it to your Sky Box (assuming you have one )

You can also download the Skystore app if you have a recent LG TV - or use a Chromecast if you have one 

If it's a rental- then unfortunately you can't send that to your Sky box, so you have to go down the LG / Chromecast route (or use an HDMI cable from a PC or laptop )

Sky customer since 1989.
Sky Q 2TB main box
LG CX6LA from 2020

Have a look at Sky Store – A quick guide for users

Have a look at Maximising the sound quality of your Sky Soundbox

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mike+simmonds This message was authored by: mike+simmonds Answer

Re: Ive bought a film on sky store on my mobile but need to know how to transfer it to my tv

Hi @Pettypeas 

This all depends on if it's a buy and keep movie or a rental  

If it's a buy and keep, just look for a "send to box" option on Skystore and that will transfer it to your Sky Box (assuming you have one )

You can also download the Skystore app if you have a recent LG TV - or use a Chromecast if you have one 

If it's a rental- then unfortunately you can't send that to your Sky box, so you have to go down the LG / Chromecast route (or use an HDMI cable from a PC or laptop )

Sky customer since 1989.
Sky Q 2TB main box
LG CX6LA from 2020

This message was authored by westlife4eva This message was authored by: westlife4eva

I have purchased a film on my mobile as I am vip. I can't find the send to tv link please help

s whitehead
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@westlife4eva 

The post above applies to you as well as it depends if it was a rented film or but and keep one.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by westlife4eva This message was authored by: westlife4eva

I bought the film through being vip. There is nowhere on my phone that lets me send to sky box

s whitehead

And is that film a rented me because if so as explained earlier you will be unable to send it to your Sky box so you will have to watch it online instead. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

No it's purchased

s whitehead
This message was authored by mike+simmonds This message was authored by: mike+simmonds

Hi @westlife4eva 

If you use the Skystore app on a device you should see a page like this with (if you are a Sky TV customer) an option to send it to your Sky box

IMG_4362.png

Sky customer since 1989.
Sky Q 2TB main box
LG CX6LA from 2020

Have you managed to send films before to your Sky box ?

Yes I've sent before but the last 3 I can't. Ghee is no send to sky box button 

s whitehead
This message was authored by mike+simmonds This message was authored by: mike+simmonds

Morning @westlife4eva 

It's probably best then for you to contact the Skystore team - livechat is usually a good way and is open next at 11am

https://www.skystore.com/n/hcus/help/contact-us 

Sky customer since 1989.
Sky Q 2TB main box
LG CX6LA from 2020

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion