Discussion topic: mini q box keeps tripping network connection

This message was authored by Garry811 This message was authored by: Garry811

mini q box keeps tripping network connection

My Mini Sky Q box suddenly stopped connecting to main box downstairs. After looking at various other threads I switched both boxes off and reset my BT WIFI and also switched off for a period of time as nothing else worked. 

Everytime I tried to reconnect my WiFi to main box it would get a tick to show connected then I'd go upstairs and try connect mini box  but it would say it couldn't connect and i would go back downstairs and it had changed to X next to network connection. 

Eventually I realised that if I switched my mini box off the main box stayed connected, so the mini box keeps tripping network connection everytime it's switched on

Any idea on solutions??? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: mini q box keeps tripping network connection

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

This is the kind of nonsense that led me to using powerlines etc. and switching off wifi on the Sky boxes.

My personal theory - I think the Q mesh sometimes decides for np good reason that the mini is the way to get to the internet and if it has a poor signal compared to the main box it gets upset.

Maybe try completely resetting the mini box (hold down power button for 15 seconds) and leave it at step 1 and then go and redo the Q?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion