Discussion topic: YouTube on Sky Q "loading" after pausing..

This message was authored by Edmund123 This message was authored by: Edmund123

Re: YouTube on Sky Q "loading" after pausing..

This happens on my Sky

This message was authored by Edmund123 This message was authored by: Edmund123

This has been happening to me too. If I pause during any YouTube video and play again. The audio starts to go out of sync and then the video freezes completly. It as been happening for as long as I can remember and is very dissapointing that Sky would allow this glitch to last as long as it has.

This message was authored by jblink This message was authored by: jblink

Just to add some detail.......

Consistently, if I am watching a video and there is a momentary loss of sound, within a few seconds the picture pauses and "loading" appears. Several seconds later it resumes and back to normal.  If, however, when the sound drops out I pause and rewind 10s, playing from there it plays normally riding straight through the "loading" point without issue.  It does not seem to happen during adverts, just the main video, but it can happen multiple times in not many minutes.  It is very annoying but as usual Sky are more focused on increasing prices than solving problems 😁

This message was authored by AntAntAnt This message was authored by: AntAntAnt

Same issue here, and it doesn't look like anyone has a solution either...

This message was authored by Anna137 This message was authored by: Anna137

Same issue with YouTube still here. Pause the video for more than 1min and it returned to the beginning. 

This message was authored by AntAntAnt This message was authored by: AntAntAnt

The best way around this problem that I have managed to find so far, is to hit the rewind button then the play button, and it starts almost straight away, and just a few frames prior to it freezing. 

This message was authored by Lg+oled65b7v This message was authored by: Lg+oled65b7v

Yes, that works for me, too.

This message was authored by MMDeire This message was authored by: MMDeire

This is still an issue months later. Very annoying and unsatisfactory. 

This message was authored by Jemwar This message was authored by: Jemwar

This is happening to me as well, tried reseting the box and it hasn't worked 

This message was authored by MMDeire This message was authored by: MMDeire

The problem here is them both, Sky and Google. Sky want us watching television and not YouTube.  Google don't care about Sky enough to keep the thing updated, especially when Sky don't give two poos and would prefer we were watching tv anyway. That's my take. I say to Sky on their forum that the whole Sky experience is important especially being a premium vessel for other "Apps" passively aggressively a mile away in the UI because you'd much prefer we watched TV. 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Yep just tested this here. Same. restart ok after about 5-10 seconds of "Loading" (why even that?) then the audio was conpletely out of sync. Guess I won't be trying youtube on the sky box again.

This message was authored by Ruth+Conway This message was authored by: Ruth+Conway

I have the same problem. YouTube on Sky Q keeps freezing/loading and then after 20secs will start playing again about a minute earlier in the video. Happens on our mininoxes too. It's really frustrating and would be a factor in me cancelling my subscription to sky altogether as the kids and I watch a lot of YouTube. 

This message was authored by psburley16 This message was authored by: psburley16

I have this exact same issue. Sky issued me with a brand new mini box which I tested today. Same issue so its not a "old hardware" issue. Amyone got an update??

This message was authored by Stretchah This message was authored by: Stretchah

No update bit also suffering exactly the same issue when pausing YouTube and it's been a few months like this. Really irritating as I watch a lot of you tube 

This message was authored by psburley16 This message was authored by: psburley16

As someone said here a brief rew and play seems to work....if I remember to do it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion