Discussion topic: Why does q box not series link f1 every race weekend?

This message was authored by Wide100 This message was authored by: Wide100

Why does q box not series link f1 every race weekend?

Set up Q box to record all Live races and qualifying for what I'd hope would be the season, recorded everything ok for first weekend, now this weekend coming and no races show as going to be recorded. It's as if because it's a different circuit it doesn't recognise it as a series link. Going to be a right pain if you have to set it up for every weekend. Why not just give every weekend show the heading "Live F1"then say what event it is after, that way recognises the series?

All Replies

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Re: Why does q box not series link f1 every race weekend?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Wide100   After several years of experience, this is normal. No idea why, perhaps negotiations of the feed (who knows). However you sometimes have to wait until the day before but the series link has always arrived in time. Having just checked, I see the series links (HD & UHD) have now appeared.

Edit: Note series links have nothing to do with the title, it is in the meta data.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Why does q box not series link f1 every race weekend?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Wide100 wrote:

Set up Q box to record all Live races and qualifying for what I'd hope would be the season, recorded everything ok for first weekend, now this weekend coming and no races show as going to be recorded. It's as if because it's a different circuit it doesn't recognise it as a series link. Going to be a right pain if you have to set it up for every weekend. Why not just give every weekend show the heading "Live F1"then say what event it is after, that way recognises the series?

hi @Wide100 

the series link includes the Press Conference & F1 shows so the Press Conference on Wednesday should be showing as set to record (Mine is)

Just in case you are not aware on SKY Q only the next programme in the series link will show as linked & scheduled & when that one starts, the next one will show as linked and scheduled. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion