Discussion topic: Please ensure the correct viewing card is inserted with the chip facing up.

This message was authored by Bendyone This message was authored by: Bendyone

Please ensure the correct viewing card is inserted with the chip facing up.

This error appeared out of the blue overnight. I have seen similar reports of this error in the community but no solution thar works. I've tried cleaning the chip and reinserting the card and I have also checked Settings - System info and it shows no card inserted. A previous response to this fault flagged by another community member was responded to privately and it is not clear if this fixed the fault. Please can someone advise?

All Replies

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Re: Please ensure the correct viewing card is inserted with the chip facing up.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bendyone wrote:
This error appeared out of the blue overnight. I have seen similar reports of this error in the community but no solution thar works. I've tried cleaning the chip and reinserting the card and I have also checked Settings - System info and it shows no card inserted. A previous response to this fault flagged by another community member was responded to privately and it is not clear if this fixed the fault. Please can someone advise?

Hi @Bendyone Try rebooting your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back on to reboot?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
This message was authored by ADRIANM1 This message was authored by: ADRIANM1

Re: Please ensure the correct viewing card is inserted with the chip facing up.

I cant get off the message unless I go to terrestrial TV. Defeats the object of paying for Sky!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion