Discussion topic: What audio formats with Apple TV+ on SkyQ?

This message was authored by Littletaffia This message was authored by: Littletaffia

What audio formats with Apple TV+ on SkyQ?

I'm thinking of taking up the Apple TV offer but want to know what audio formats are available. I have a 5.1.2 home cinema and don't wish to listen in stereo PCM.

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Re: What audio formats with Apple TV+ on SkyQ?

@Littletaffia wrote:

I'm thinking of taking up the Apple TV offer but want to know what audio formats are available. I have a 5.1.2 home cinema and don't wish to listen in stereo PCM.

I don't know if the Q app still only outputs stereo PCM but you can take up the free 6 months offer and use it on any other streaming device which has the Apple TV+ app. 
Firestick, Roku, Shield, Apple TV 4K, or most other android devices will output 5.1 or Atmos. 
The Sky Q app has always been slow and clunky so is best used as a last resort. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Littletaffia 

I believe it's PCM from a Q box, but the 'offer' log-in is usable on any device once activated.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Robinkenneth This message was authored by: Robinkenneth

It's now 5.1 DD ... at last! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion