Discussion topic: Viewing Card left in replaced box

This message was authored by gail+locke This message was authored by: gail+locke

Viewing Card left in replaced box

Viewing Card Needed

I had a new Sky Q box delivered yesterday due to the old one being faulty. I did not know that DPD would take the old one so it all happened in a rush and the viewing card was left in the old box. I phoned Sky yesterday and waited for ages for an answer. When I got an answer, the computer systems were down and then I got cut off. I cannot be on the phone for hours due to work - how can I quickly get a new viewing card?

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Viewing Card left in replaced box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@gail+locke 

You will have to persevere on the phone I'm afraid. Sky send the cards out by Royal Mail post. I think the lines will be particularly busy due to the new iPhone frenzy. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
gail+locke
Topic Author
This message was authored by gail+locke This message was authored by: gail+locke

Thanks. Maybe I will just cancel and send the box back. Dreadful customer service. And I suspect an agent would be miraculously available to talk to me if I hit cancel online. 

Looking online, this is a common problem. Why are there no instructions for a box swap?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@gail+locke wrote:

And I suspect an agent would be miraculously available to talk to me if I hit cancel online. 

@gail+locke 

You can't cancel online as such. 

If you wanted to cancel Sky Q totally if you’re out of contract you’ll need to give Sky the required 31 days notice. Be aware that the latest T’s and C’s explicitly state you can’t cancel when still in a minimum term deal unless Sky agree. If they do you’ll have to pay the remainder of your discounted term.

Select ‘Need more help’ at the bottom of the following link which will lead to contact details.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv#contact-leave
(Make sure the flag in the bottom right corner is the correct one ie; UK or ROI).
UK customer ~ The link may include an email link and also a Message Us option (which is normally available between 9am and 7.30pm).
ROI customer ~ it’s only by calling Sky Ireland or writing in. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion