Discussion topic: Using mic without Ultra HD

This message was authored by mambler This message was authored by: mambler

Using mic without Ultra HD

Whenever I use the mic on my remote to change channel to say (eg) 'Cricket', it offers me Ultra HD.  I don't do Ultra HD and it's a hassle to find the ordinary HD every time.  Can I set it to ignore Ultra HD channels?  Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: Using mic without Ultra HD

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mambler wrote:

Whenever I use the mic on my remote to change channel to say (eg) 'Cricket', it offers me Ultra HD.  I don't do Ultra HD and it's a hassle to find the ordinary HD every time.  Can I set it to ignore Ultra HD channels?  Thanks

hi @mambler 

Unfortunately no way to set any personal customizations. 

Might be worth trying a few combinations to see if they work such as "Cricket HD" although I tried similar with SKY F1 & it failed 

As there aren't loads of UHD channels then may be one suggestion for those that you might select regularly (& I recommend generally) is to set the HD versions of those you use in your favourites and then remember which number you have set them to & then say "Channel twelve" for example

(Edit: you can of course use the main channel number they are on but I think it is easier to remember favourites using 1 - 99)

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

@mambler wrote:

hi @mambler 

Unfortunately no way to set any personal customizations. 

Might be worth trying a few combinations to see if they work such as "Cricket HD" although I tried similar with SKY F1 & it failed 

As there aren't loads of UHD channels then may be one suggestion for those that you might select regularly (& I recommend generally) is to set the HD versions of those you use in your favourites and then remember which number you have set them to & then say "Channel twelve" for example

(Edit: you can of course use the main channel number they are on but I think it is easier to remember favourites using 1 - 99)

mambler
Topic Author
This message was authored by mambler This message was authored by: mambler

Thanks for prompt and helpful resonse - seems to be the best option.  Only thing I had to watch is that if you say 'Channel 4' (or 5) it takes you to Channel 4/5 HD and not the number in your favourites! (so they now have those numbers in my favourites too!)

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@mambler wrote:

Thanks for prompt and helpful resonse - seems to be the best option.  Only thing I had to watch is that if you say 'Channel 4' (or 5) it takes you to Channel 4/5 HD and not the number in your favourites! (so they now have those numbers in my favourites too!)

I hadn't actually considered C4 & 5  (although they are in my favourites as 4 & 5 anyway) 

The other advantage of favourites is you can select them -  1-9 with a single button & the rest  with just 2 buttons - without needing to use voice control

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion