Discussion topic: SkyQ EM150 box and Panasonic TV incompatible?

This message was authored by whigiaw This message was authored by: whigiaw

SkyQ EM150 box and Panasonic TV incompatible?

Hi, I have just connected a Panasonic TV to replace an ancient 2nd TV, a Samsung. Having connected the Panasonic TX-24MS480B model  to the SkyQ box, the box is  not accepted. Message on TV reads this screen does not support HDCP.  Try reconnecting your HDMI cable or use different screen.

Is this correctable or should I return the TV.  

Help please.

Best Answers
whigiaw
Topic Author
This message was authored by whigiaw This message was authored by: whigiaw Answer

Re: SkyQ EM150 box and Panasonic TV incompatible?

@bemak187

@GD1

The fault is the TV does not connect properly to the Mini box.  The error message being “This screen does not support HDCP . Check cable etc etc”

Hi, Thank you for your suggestion sorry about the delay in replying;

I can confirm that the fault is not caused by the HDMI cable. It is the correct type and used up to the day the TV was changed. The mini box was also the one that worked immediately before the TV change.

The box was and modes HD 1080 I and 1080p

I was able to get a correct display by disconnecting mains power to the box and TV.

On reconnecting the box reset as usual and the display showed correctly.  Unfortunately the next time the box/TV was turned on the fault reappeared. Multiple resets were used, all cleared the fault but switching off either TV or Mini box resulted in the fault reappearing.

I did note that for a fraction pf a second before the Blue screen and error message, a picture could be seen. I think this probably a source generated.

Once again thanks for the help.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by bemak187 This message was authored by: bemak187

@whigiawAre you using the cable that came with the sky box?  That TV suupports HDCP 2.2 based on the specs of it.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@whigiaw  If the box was left in UHD (2160p) this may be causing an issue.  Try resetting the putput on the Q box, with the box switched on use the Sky remote and Press Home-1080-Home.

If you then see a picture you should be able to put the box back into 2160p

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by bemak187 This message was authored by: bemak187

@whigiawIs this a mini or the main box as you mentioned an EM150 which is a mini.

whigiaw
Topic Author
This message was authored by whigiaw This message was authored by: whigiaw Answer

@bemak187

@GD1

The fault is the TV does not connect properly to the Mini box.  The error message being “This screen does not support HDCP . Check cable etc etc”

Hi, Thank you for your suggestion sorry about the delay in replying;

I can confirm that the fault is not caused by the HDMI cable. It is the correct type and used up to the day the TV was changed. The mini box was also the one that worked immediately before the TV change.

The box was and modes HD 1080 I and 1080p

I was able to get a correct display by disconnecting mains power to the box and TV.

On reconnecting the box reset as usual and the display showed correctly.  Unfortunately the next time the box/TV was turned on the fault reappeared. Multiple resets were used, all cleared the fault but switching off either TV or Mini box resulted in the fault reappearing.

I did note that for a fraction pf a second before the Blue screen and error message, a picture could be seen. I think this probably a source generated.

Once again thanks for the help.

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

Hi @whigiaw 

Put one of these between the sky q box and the tv, it will sort all your issues out 

https://amzn.eu/d/7v8XaHV

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion