Discussion topic: Sky rep said it was ok to take my sky q mini box to my brother, it worked fine. Tonight ive tried to

This message was authored by Channers63 This message was authored by: Channers63

Sky rep said it was ok to take my sky q mini box to my brother, it worked fine. Tonight ive tried to

A sky customer service rep said it was OK for me to use my sky q mini box at my brothers, it worked fine whilst there for xmas/new year.  Tonight I went to watch it but only getting a red light on mini box, have tried pressing reset and following steps given on forum but not working, I've tried doing it via wps connection from main box to mini but no luck, tried doing it from router too but still no luck.  Can anyone help as am getting extremely frustrated now. TIA 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky rep said it was ok to take my sky q mini box to my brother, it worked fine. Tonight ive trie

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Channers63 

You were misinformed I'm afraid. Sky Q boxes can only be used at the address of the account they are linked to. You breached the T's and C's. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky rep said it was ok to take my sky q mini box to my brother, it worked fine. Tonight ive trie

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Channers63 wrote:

A sky customer service rep said it was OK for me to use my sky q mini box at my brothers, it worked fine whilst there for xmas/new year.  Tonight I went to watch it but only getting a red light on mini box, have tried pressing reset and following steps given on forum but not working, I've tried doing it via wps connection from main box to mini but no luck, tried doing it from router too but still no luck.  Can anyone help as am getting extremely frustrated now. TIA 

Technically You were told wrong @Channers63 

According to Sky Terms and Conditions Your Q boxes can only be used at the account registered Address .  However you can connect to anyone else's Q box with the Sky Go App.

Ref your issue

Have you tried pressing the Standby button (Amber led) on the front of the mini box.
If this turns the mininbox on
Try completly resetting your  mini Bluetooth remote.
Press and hold 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times.
Then make sure that you are pointing your remote at the mini box and press 1 & 3 together until the led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion