Discussion topic: Sky remote

This message was authored by MH1901 This message was authored by: MH1901

Sky remote

Main sky remote (with voice control) went dead - changed batteries and could only change volume - then found the second remote (batteries fine) would also then only change volume. Tried resetting original remote with '7+9' got 4 red flashing lights then pressed '1 +3' and 1 red flash - now won't even change volume. No on screen instructions after single red flash. Second remote will still only change the volume. I have reset both before before with a bit of messing around but they worked. Help gratefully received! Thank you.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: Sky remote

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Were you pointing the remote at the Sky box (it uses IR, not bluetooth at that point) when you held the buttons down?

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MH1901 

Have you done a poer down  restart of your box ?

(i.e. unplug or switch off at mains & wait >30s before re-applying power)

MH1901
Topic Author
This message was authored by MH1901 This message was authored by: MH1901

So I asked my husband to switch off at the mains - I wasn't in the room but heard the switch go off/ on. I then pressed 7/9 and 1/3 - still no joy. Waited until he went out and I tried - he had switched the wrong one off. All sorted - reconnected to broadband and internet too. Thanks for help. No idea why it decided to do what it did though!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion